Home

DualShock 4 controller controlling mouse

Hello! So this is my first real time using Linux in any form, and so far, I’ve been loving every minute of it. One issue I’ve had though is my PS4 DualShock 4 controller controls my mouse. So, when I try playing Rocket League I can navigate up and down just fine, but as soon as I hit “X” my mouse cursor appears and it acts like I just left the game window. Is there a way to disable the controller taking over mouse control? Thanks!

This is weird issue.
You can try editing /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-joystick.conf with root rights and adding the options
Option "StartKeysEnabled" "False"
Option "StartMouseEnabled" "False"

so it looks like this:

Section "InputClass"
    Identifier "joystick catchall"
    MatchIsJoystick "on"
    MatchDevicePath "/dev/input/event*"
    Driver "joystick"
    Option "StartKeysEnabled" "False"
    Option "StartMouseEnabled" "False"
EndSection

After changing this please restart and try again.

Seems to have worked just fine :slight_smile: thanks! While I’m here though… how do I go about updating my graphics drivers? I’m using an AMD RX 580. I keep noticing strange colors flashing onto the screen in certain games. The latest being (go figure) Rocket League.

Glad that it works for you.

The GPU question is mostly something for a new thread.
Anyway. The driver is provided by the kernel + mesa + xorg combination that we ship.
So there is no way to upgrade your driver for now as no newer kernel is available for Debian.

Ya I thought about that after I posted it… but thank you. And I see. Welp, thanks anyway :slight_smile: