Easy way to install package from the Arch User Repository?

I found a package I’d like to try installing from the AUR. I’ve read the description and comments, and I accept the risks. I’ve made an image file of my system such that I can restore from that in the event of a disaster…

I understand I can install through Octopi or Yaourt in terminal. And I believe there is also a completely manual method to install packages from the AUR.

That said, I’ve noted there are 5 dependencies listed for the package I’m interested. I’m sure that I do not have some of them, if not all of them.

Is there a method I can use to install the AUR package that will completely automatically resolve the dependencies for me? Or is there a manual process I’ll need to follow to ensure all goes well?

Thanks

If there are dependencies listed then Octopi (with either back end (yaourt or pacaur)) will install them as well.

The manual method your talking about I assume is downloading the pkgbuild and *.install files manually and using makepkg: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Arch_User_Repository#Installing_packages

Thanks for your reply. Yes, it worked perfectly through Octopi.

Right, that is the manual method I had in mind.