Firefox Left side Padding issue?

Firefox Left side no padding or space? to differentiate edge of browser form body of text.

Wondering a way to correct and add some space? Don’t know if this is specific to Firefox? Plasma 5? Netrunner? Fonts? As windows side doesn’t have this issue. So wasn’t sure if this should be posted in the regular Manjaro applications forum?

Also no padding on bottom. Some may like it this way and feel it’s not a problem. But I like the visual clues of where app ends and desktop begins.

I’m not sure, I don’t use Firefox, it could a theme issue as well.

Is this on KDE SC 4 or Plasma 5?

On Plasma 5 and yep will have to check themes as didn’t think of that as a possibility.
And remember issues discussed about Plasma 5 and padding issues in apps and such. Tho don’t know if it applies to firefox or the issues have been resolved.

Which version of FF?
And can you make a complete fullscreen screenshot?

From the screenshot that looks more like a window manager (kwin) problem then a firefox problem. Did you change the window decoration ?
Is the window maybe in fullscreen state (but the window isn’t) ?

Well yesterday I changed some themes,decorators and icons around experimenting.
Using Firefox 39.0 on both sides. Saw this thread so checked and seems normal both OS’es showing same amount of padding. Don’t know what solved it or is it solved?

Still don’t like the bottom cutoff no border at all no matter what themes or adjustments I make. I know I can get it back with the classic firefox extension. But really don’t want to add more cruft for something that has to do with aesthetics vs. function. Just live with it and adapt I guess.

Tho the padding problem may have had to do with the little snickering guy icon in the system tray that was there when I had the problem? :stuck_out_tongue: He seems to be hiding now :s

Tho still haven’t figured out why Firefox all versions take twice as long to startup than windows side.
Linux side 8-9 secs. windoze side 4-5 seconds. Both Firefox setup exactly same extensions.

[quote]Tho still haven’t figured out why Firefox all versions take twice as long to startup than windows side.
Linux side 8-9 secs. windoze side 4-5 seconds. Both Firefox setup exactly same extensions.[/quote]

Windows does heavy preloading on boot so I guess it preloads libraries by firefox aswell.
You can try installing preload aswell on linux and see if it brings benefits for your case.

Everything I’ve read Firefox does not do this natively. But requires tweaking and/or using a stand-alone or extension.

And nothing shows in startup for pre-loading firefox during startup. And I haven’t done anything to Firefox to speed up startup.

Yeah the old preloading method we used is not working anymore as basically it was a hack alltogether :slight_smile:
What you can try is the firetray extension for firefox. It will allow to run and hide the first firefox window into tray. So this would allow putting firefox in autostart and should then only load the firefox into tray on login.