Firefox vs Firefox-KDE vs Firefox for Netrunner

I went to About Firefox and found out that my version is Firefox for Netrunner 26. Google around I found Netrunner uses Firefox-KDE. It doesn’t find new version to install like ordinary Firefox. What are the differences of these three? Would Firefox for Netrunner or Firefox-KDE be outdated in compare to ordinary Firefox?

Firefox-KDE is a Firefox with a better integration into KDE. So you will notice file open and save dialogs are the native Kdialog ones instead of gtk or xul native ones. File associations are using directly the mime database of KDE instead relying on its own.
That features need a patched firefox which might explain why the -KDE variant is a little behind version wise.

If I want to use the newest version of Firefox, what should I do to keep it still intergrate well into KDE??

You need to recompile the kde support for the newest firefox so patching it manually. I would not recommend this if you don’t have experience with at least packaging debian packages.
As normal user just be patient until a new version is build and uploaded.

How long it will be available? How does the update work? By atp-get or Firefox update?

A normal package update. How long it will take I don’t know

Ooker, you can see here all the latest netrunner update packages:
https://launchpad.net/~netrunner-os/+archive/enigma-1312-updates

Firefox just got updated to 28, 29 is in the making.

It says so. Firefox 26, Firefox for Netrunner 1.0
Actually I need Firefox 29 for the new sync feature. What will happen if I insist to install Firefox without KDE integration?

The firefox version 29 should be up now.

After apt-get upgrade, now I have Firefox 29. Great :smiley:

From last (yesterday) system update Firefox stops working.

In console I have a massage like this:

Anyone else have the same?

P.S. When I install firefox instead firefox-kde it works without problem but of course also without kde support.

The Netrunner team needs to update their firefox-kde 29 package to support the newer icu-53 libraries.

@Dramez, what message do you have?

Oh I’m sorry I miss this quote…

[quote]XPCOMGlueLoad error for file /usr/lib/firefox/libxul.so:
libicui18n.so.52: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Couldn’t load XPCOM.[/quote]

Yeah thats the ICU issue. It will be fixed