flash in chromium

hi there good fellas
i am noob in linux, i tried a lot of distros and settled on netrunner 14 cause i couldnt install STEAM in any other linux distros.
anyway, i have sucessfully installed netrunner but i want to use CHROMIUM browser for all the websites i use, i dont like mozilla firefox.
whenever i try to watch any online games via twitch.tv in CHROMIUM it says it need ADOBE FLASH player. in MOZILLA this is not the problem. however i have pepper-flash already installed i think(i dont know how to check).

CAN SUM1 HELP ME INSTALL ADOBE FLASH PLAYER for CHROMIUM. i have the tar.bz file but i couldnt understand the instruction in the README file. i know how to extract but i dont know what to do next.
here are the instructions

Installing using the plugin tar.gz:
o Unpack the plugin tar.gz and copy the files to the appropriate location.
o Save the plugin tar.gz locally and note the location the file was saved to.
o Launch terminal and change directories to the location the file was saved to.
o Unpack the tar.gz file. Once unpacked you will see the following:
+ libflashplayer.so
+ /usr
:exclamation: Identify the location of the browser plugins directory, based on your Linux distribution and Firefox version
:exclamation: Copy libflashplayer.so to the appropriate browser plugins directory. At the prompt type:
+ cp libflashlayer.so
:exclamation: Copy the Flash Player Local Settings configurations files to the /usr directory. At the prompt type:
+ sudo cp -r usr/* /usr

plz dont give me links to follow, i have searched whole GOOGLE and didnt get anything that would help.

I ONLY NEED HELP in LAST 3 instructions, i have marked them with an exclamation.
i am noob, explain me in layman terms with terminal commands if possible my friends.

In Linux we don’t typically download and install software like you would in windows, we have repositories that hold most of the software available for our desired distribution. All you need to do is open up muon discover then search for and install chromium and flash-player, they are already in the repositories…

Now, pepper-flash on the other hand is ONLY available from google and from within the google-chrome browser, it does not come in chromium.

Adobe Flashplayer comes preinstalled in Netrunner 14. However Chromium does not support the NPAPI Plugins anymore. (which flashplayer by adobe is currently and will be as adobe stopped working on flashplayer for linux).
Pepperflash by Google is not shipped by default. But you can install it via the apper packagemanagement by installing the pepperflashplugin-nonfree package.

The instructions you describe here are for the Adobe Flashplayer which is already installed. So please don’t mess around with it.

If pepperflashplugin-nonfree is installed already you need to close chromium and restart it for it to recognize the plugin. You can see active plugins in chromium by typing in about:plugins in the addressbar.

I didn’t realize that the Netrunner team had packaged pepperflashplugin-nonfree for Netrunner Standard (Ubuntu/Debian), cool.

It is actually packaged in the ubuntu repos and is just a script that takes care of downloading the plugin and installing and configuring chromium to use it.

Hmm cool, I know that under Netrunner Rolling (Manjaro/Arch) you can install pepper flash from the AUR for use in chromium, etc., but I didn’t know that Ubuntu had done something similar. Well, Live and learn i guess, lol. :slight_smile:

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/chromium-pepper-flash/
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/chromium-pepper-flash-standalone/

I have been using Netrunner on a Dell Inspiron 1525 for quite some time. A year perhaps with no issues to speak of.
The past week my video has completly crashed several times when opening a Youtube video.

This happened using the Chromium browser. I don’t know if pepper flash is the cause of this issue.
However, I am not having the same issue using Firefox. Any help with this would be appreciated.

Thanks

Youtube nowadays defaults to html5 and not flashplayer anymore. So I guess it might be a problem related to that. Can you check if hardware acceleration is enabled in chromium. You can do so by inserting about:flags in the adressbar. If it is try to disable and see ifit works better for you.