Gwenview tags data

I need to backup all my image tags which I’ve created with Gwenview but I can’t figure out where the data is stored. Could somebody please point me in the right direction, thanks.

They should be embedded in the picture files themselves using their exif meta data.

I truly wish that were the case and it would be very nice if they were but unfortunately, that’s not the case. I’ve just run a test here on a JPG which hadn’t been modified in any way whatsoever prior to conducting the test and the tag which I assigned to the JPG was not written to the file’s metadata. If I view the EXIF, IPTC and XMP metadata by clicking on Plugins -> Images -> Edit All Metadata, the only data I can see is the original filename in the EXIF Names field. Neither the file size nor the timestamp have changed on disk either but this is interesting:

[martin@sgc Temp]$ balooshow DSC_7372.jpg Object::connect: No such signal org::freedesktop::UPower::DeviceAdded(QString) Object::connect: No such signal org::freedesktop::UPower::DeviceRemoved(QString) 356 /home/martin/Pictures/Temp/DSC_7372.jpg Width: 1440 Height: 900 Photo X Dimension: 1440 Photo X Dimension: 900 Tags: Test Tag [martin@sgc Temp]$

Test Tag is the tag I assigned to the file with Gwenview, so the data is obviously being stored elsewhere, but where?

As an aside, baloo has got things a bit wrong because the second Photo X Dimension should actually be Photo Y Dimension but that’s another story :rolleyes:

Baloo stores these kinds of data in its own database located here: ~/.local/share/baloo/