Help with a program install [BankID]

Hi there

okay i am having an issue with a progeram i need to install to accsess my bank online here in sweden.
it is called BankID it is used for an awfull lot here :S but i am having issues with intalling it on netrunner.

here is the link to the pkg file thingy :stuck_out_tongue: BankID

I am hoping that some one out there c an help me with this as atm i have to have a windows install for just this one program on my laptop an that is just a lill silly.

Many thanx people for your help

Mark

As I am only getting a message that google translates like 64bit Linux isn’t supported I don’t think you are using 64bit but a 32bit linux machine which this bank provides an application archive for.
What is this archive they provide ? Is it a deb file ? Or a normal zip / tar.gz or whatever compressed archive ?
Isn’t there a readme which guides you through the installation process ?

Hi there

it is a .tgz file i asume it is a linux rar file :P… any hooo i have 32bit installed as i dont use 64 bit ever i have tryed installing this but i carnt get it to work with chrome…
not a linux buff still relearning it all.
i read the install file seems that they say use firefox but i dont use it at all :S seems redudant to have FF just for this app same as havining windows install Just for this app.

this is the install file

What is the error your getting when running:

sudo ./install.4.18.1.X.sh i

from within the package directory you created when you extracted the files?

I also noticed that the install readme file you posted does not list Ubuntu 11.04/GTK+, nor does it list Firefox 35.0 as being supported, Netrunner 14 is based on this LTS version of Ubuntu, not to mention that a lot has changed in Firefox since version 3.6 so that may be your issue. I would try to get a hold of whoever is in charge of this app at your bank to see if there is a newer version that is compatible with Ubuntu 11.04/GTK+ and Firefox 35.

Netrunner 14 is based on this LTS version of Ubuntu, not to mention that a lot has changed in Firefox since version 3.6 so that may be your issue. I would try to get a hold of whoever is in charge of this app at your bank to see if there is a newer version that is compatible with Ubuntu 11.04/GTK+ and Firefox 35.

Get free demos for esixsigma exam and mcts exam with northwood.edu guaranteed success. Our California Lutheran University