how can install the old netrunner 14 UI in netrunner 15?

no offense anyone, but im still in love with netrunner 14 - is there any way i can install the old 14 KDE environment overtop of the newer netrunner 15 ?

im a total noob - pls forgive if this is a stupid question.

all help appreciated

Hi rehabgoggles,
do you like the look of netrunner 14 compared to 15 or what is it exactly?
Then Netrunner 16 will be pretty exciting, as you basically get a modernized Netrunner based on latest Qt/Frameworks/Plasma technology, but with the classic Look and feel of Netrunner 14.

YES - JUST MY PERSONAL TASTE - AGAIN, 15 LOOKS GREAT - I JUST PREFER 14 … .THE THING IS THAT I CANT GET 14 TO INSTALL WITH UEFI, SO I AM USING 15, DUAL-BOOT ALONG WITH WINDOWS 8.1 … BUT I REALLY WANT THE FRONTIER 14 INTERFACE … I LOVED IT.

HELP IF YOU CAN - MANY THANKS

Why are you shouting? LOL :wink:

Anyway,I know it is possible since most the Plasma 4 themes are compatible with Plasma 5, but it takes some work to extract them from their original packages and install them in the appropriate places for Plasma 5. I’ve done this myself upgrading Netrunner Rolling from KDE SC 4 to Plasma 5, however it was a lot of work moving the files around just for a cosmetic change that I ended up going right back to using Breeze in the end. Personally, I would wait to see what the Netrunner developers have done in 16 for the look and feel.

IM NOT ACTUALLY SHOUTING ITS JUST MY FIRST TIME EVER TYPING AND IT TAKES ME LONG TIME EVEN WITH THE CAP-CAP-CAPPAROOS.

THANKS FOR PRETTY MUCH NOTHING BUT REALLY THANKS

:-]

I was only joking, hence the LOL (Laughing out load) and wink.

Anywho, I had a post on doing exactly what you want to achieve, I just don’t remember how I did it or even if it still exists in the Netrunner Rolling sub-forum, I will look. However first you would need to get a hold of the files needed from a Netrunner 14 install, or use the Live CD, etc.

Off the top of my head I do know that Enlightenment was the desktop theme and Gnome 3 was the window decorations, other than that I would have to take another look at the Netrunner 14 ISO, or find my original post. :wink:
[hr]
PS. I found one of my posts on this here:
http://forums.netrunner.com/showthread.php?tid=17392&pid=26499#pid26499

I’m not 100% sure this is needed, but for removing the toolbox (cashew) from the desktop look here:
http://forums.netrunner.com/showthread.php?tid=17488

HOLY MACKERAL ! THAT ACTUALLY WAS REALLY HELPFUL … THANKS !

ALSO …

I’M SEEING A THERAPIST ABOUT ALL THE SCREAMING; I CANT HELP IT.

:wink:

This is no longer needed: As of Plasma 5.3 ships some option called Tweaks where you can hide the toolbox with a CLICK conveniently :slight_smile:

You mean to tell me that after all these years, The KDE developers finally listened to their users and is doing what almost everyone has always asked for.

Well, Hip, Hip, Hurray, Hip, Hip, Hurray. LOL :wink: