How, respectivley where to report bugs?

Hi,

I recently switched to Netrunner and although I am still discovering it, I like it very much. Great Distro, guys. :wink: :smiley:

However, I found a small bug, which I would like to report (maybe the devs already know about it, butā€¦). So I wonder how and where bugs in Netrunner are supposed to be reported?

Thanks for a quick answer.

Cheers.

How about reporting them here?
Then we can see if its Netrunner, upstream distro or even KDE related.

Okay, here we go:

1.:

After a clean install, when you do a rightklick on the icon of the Kicker-Menu-Icon in the taskbar and choose ā€œsettings for applications menuā€, then you get a failure message:

"Error: could not load file:///usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.kicker/contents/ui/ConfigGeneral.qml:82 Type FileDialog unavailable

qrc:QtQuick/Dialogs/DefaultFileDialog.qml:45 module ā€œQt.labs.settingsā€ is not installed

qrc:QtQuick/Dialogs/DefaultFileDialog.qml:45 module ā€œQt.labs.folderlistmodelā€ is not installed

ā€”> the reason is, that the packages qml-module-qt-labs-settings and qml-module-qt-labs-folderlistmodel are missing. After install of these packages, you get the desired settings menu for the applications menu. So, these packages are missing in a standard install.

and the 2nd one:

when updates are available, you get a nice icon in the taskbar for that, as it should be. But after all updates were installed, this icon still shows up and there is no obvious way to hide it. If you click on it again, Muon Discover tells you that there are no updates availableā€¦ To get rid of it, after updates were applied, you need to restart or logout/ login.

Thats it :slight_smile:

You can also click on ā€œcheck for updatesā€ to get it to refresh and remove the icon.

do you mean, rightclick on the icon and then ā€œcheck for updatesā€? I tried that as well, but the icon remainedā€¦ :huh:

No, I mean in Discovers window.
[attachment=892]

Also, are you using Rolling 2016.01 or Netrunner 17?

Netrunner 17.

@AJSlye: thanks, Iā€™ll try this next time, when the icon pops up again for updates.

We have a fix in the repository which should solve the problem with the update notifier. It just needs a relogin after applying the muon-notifier update.

When it comes to configuring the kicker menu it is clearly some problem of missing dependencies in the kubuntu package. Weā€™ll investigate that.

Okay, thank you.

I have another one :wink:

When I send a file from my Android-Phone via Bluetooth, after the file was received, there is a pop-up in the notification area, that the file was transfered successfully. In this pop-up, there is a button ā€œopenā€ - obviously to open the respective file. When I click on this button, a failure message comes up:

ā€œThe command can not be executed. The file or folder /usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.notifications/contents/ui/XT1039 does not exist.ā€

ā€œXT1039ā€ is the name of the phone.

I checked this folder and in

/usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.notifications/contents/ui/

there are some .qml files. So I donā€™t know whether a folder for this device is missing or if there normally a .qml file for the bluetooth device should be created during setting up the Bluetooth connection.

But the file, i sent via Bluetooth is stored in /home/user/Downloads anyway, so its no big deal. I guess, this is an upstream issue?

Yeah sounds like an upstream error to me too. I will check that.
Maybe you can also search bugs.kde.org and see jf you find a similiar issue there and confirm it.

there is a really old one on bug.kde.org

https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=342335

which is similar to thisā€¦ donā€™t know if it makes sense to comment on this and if it is really the same issue?