How to SEE Photos in File Mgr While Uploading to a Website?

I noticed that when I go to a site that asks me to upload photos, the Netrunner file manager appears though NO option to display photos of any kind to identify what the photo is. I want to ALWAYS SEE my photos in whatever scenario!

I want to also add that each time I try to add another photo to the same site, I have to re-click thru all my sub-folders to get back to the folder where I keep my photos, for upload. Why doesn’t the file mgr remember where I was, like Winblows does?

If you look at the top of the file manager window you should see an icon that looks like a painting, click it and you should now see thumbnails, the slider at the bottom will allow you to make the thumbnails bigger or smaller.

Thanks for your attempt in helping me out, but I do know that. If it were in that specific window, I would have easily done that. I did not see anything of that nature in the specified window.

I’m not sure then. I’m using the Rolling edition and it works fine. The only thing I can think of is you are missing a thumbnailer plugin. Try looking in your package manager for ‘dolphin’ or ‘thumbnail’ and see if there is a plugin for dolphin.

Best of luck

[hr]
I’m not sure then. I’m using the Rolling edition and it works fine. The only thing I can think of is you are missing a thumbnailer plugin. Try looking in your package manager for ‘dolphin’ or ‘thumbnail’ and see if there is a plugin for dolphin.

Best of luck

You need these plugins.
sudo apt-get install kdesdk-dolphin-plugins

I did install those plug-ins and I still get a Dolphin window that does not include the PIC icon for thumbnails.

attached

Dolphin Preferences > General > Preview:

[attachment=408]

JakkHakk the attached window is not a dolphin window but a gtk open dialog which does not support thumbnails as far as I know.

I wonder why that would come up then while uploading files rather than dolphin?? Is there a way to change it?

You are using the firefox version from us with the kde integration or the upstream version or another browser?

Yes, if your using FF then the firefox-kde package from Netrunner works the best.

The built in one… yes.

Our firefox version comes with kde integration and should open the kde open dialog.

Well, I have experienced otherwise. Thanks.