Installation stops with errno 5- input/output error

I tried to install Netrunner 16 and got errno 5. I did not get any more detailed errors on that. The partition is big enough (over 20GB) and i told the installer to use the whole drive.

Running in terminal also does not give some propper information: http://forums.netrunner.com/showthread.php?tid=18034

I’ve had this happen too.
I downloaded the Netrunner ISO using the torrent option. I checked the md5sum against what was listed on the site and it was an exact match. I used dd to copy the ISO to a USB drive.

During the install, the installer got all the way to 90% and then I got the errno 5 message and the installer aborted. Needless to say, lost the install along with it.
When I restarted the Netrunner Live USB and did an Integrity Check on the image, it said there were problems with 3 files on the drive.

So I downloaded the Netrunner ISO again using a torrent. I checked the md5sum against what was listed on the site and it was an exact match. I used dd to copy the ISO to a USB drive. I did everything exactly as I did before.
This time, the Integrity Check said there was a problem with only 1 file, but the install made it all the way through with no issues.