Installing 19.08 with an Nvidia card

Basically the same issue I had with 19.01, I can’t install 19.08 (as far as I know) without the Nvidia drivers since I have an RTX 2080. Is there a way I can install the drivers to the live USB? If not, how exactly do I add vga=normal nomodeset? I typed it into the text field shown after hitting E where “Start netrunner” is but nothing happened, maybe I’m doing it wrong.

EDIT: Basically I said to heck with it and swapped graphics cards, installed it, but now I face another issue. I can’t install the Nvidia drivers. When I try, I get: ERROR: Unable to find the kernel source tree for the currently running kernel. Please make sure you have installed the kernel source files for your kernel and that they are properly configured. What’s happening?

You need to install the linux-headers-amd64 package for it aswell as build-essentials for it to be able to compile the module for your kernel.

1 Like

Heh… Funny thing is I found a post on the Nvidia forums mentioning the headers. Got 'em installed and the driver installed just fine. Thanks! :slight_smile: