KDE 4.10 Window borders

Hi,

I have upgraded to KDE 4.10 yesterday (through suggested updates). I had one error message stating there was a problem with installing KMajhjoong. However, when I start the machine now, there are no window decorations. At all. no borders, titlebars, or buttons. I cannot resize windows or move them, In Firefox, the “Full screen” mode does not change the window size either. I am running Netrunner 12.12.1 on an Oracle Virtualbox 4.2.6 virtual machine (Gentoo host).

Another strange thing is, the keyboard stopped working altogether. As ssh wasn’t set up on the Netrunner machine, I cannot have any access now. I might try chroot from the live cd, but would probably need some tips, where to look to make things work, or how to downgrade KDE back to 4.9 (which worked perfectly), I 'm not exactly a KDE expert…

Netrunner was my daily “go-to” installation, of the various systems I have in virtual machines this one was my favourite UX. I would really not like to lose all the customisations made and strat from scratch with a fresh install…

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks

UPDATE
After rebooting (for the 5th time approx), the keyboard now seems to be working (still no clue why). I can now set about either fixing KDE or downgrading, if only I figure out what the issue is…
[hr]
OK, this is weird.

KMahjongg broke the system…

After being able to use the keyboard again (how, it is a mystery), I ran (sudo) apt-get update, getting the following error:

“The following packages have unmet dependencies.
kdegames-mahjongg-data : Depends kmahjongg-data but it is not installed
kmahjongg : Depends : kmahjongg-data (>=4:4.10.0-0ubuntu1~ubuntu12.10~ppa1)
but it is not installed”

Running

(sudo) apt-get -f install

has sorted things out, and after reboot the window decorations are back.

My problem is solved, but this is probably something woth looking into, as it happened during an automatic system update… The conclusion to me is, I will now configure ssh access to all my virtual guests i use daily, just in case… :slight_smile: