KDE 4.11

…just a newbie question…:angel:

…it’s safe to upgrade to KDE 4.11 or should we wait for a KDE “version” for Netrunner 13.06?

txs for your answer.

Paulo

As someone reported already problems upgrading I would not recommend it for now.

Txs leszek for your help.

Regards

Paulo

and why the update manager didn’t receive an update for firefox until now ? i am still on firefox 21, when will it receive the new update ?

Firefox 22 is in the repos. I guess you could update to it. Maybe take a look in muon and at the versions available there. It could be that a package is blocking the update.

Just to say that I have upgraded to KDE 4.11 and everything went well… I have may Netrunner desktop and all the stuff in the right place… and working.

I will keep enjoying this excellent distro.

Good work

Regards

Paulo

Please help me because my software center receives security updates only and i don’t know what should i do
[hr]

How you updated your kde ?

Hi dexter

please, go to Configuration - Software repositories - PPA’s - and check Kubuntu-ppa/backports.
Then press “cache update”… then in Konsole do “sudo apt-get upgrade” and after that “sudo apt-get dist-upgrade”.
After that…a reboot…and, justo to “clean” your system, in Konsole do “sudo apt-get autoremove”.
And voilà… I hope that works for you.

Please note… I have installed Netrunner 5 (13.06) Enigma.

Regards

Paulo