Kdenlive 15.04.3 doesn't launch

Don’t know if this is a Plasma 5 issue? Manjaro issue? or just version of newer Kdenlive?

Doesn’t launch from the menu for me. Running Netrunner Rolling Plasma 5
Tho can run it from the terminal. Version 15.04.3 using KDE frameworks 5.12.0
Using default open drivers for Ati 4350 on dual displays.

[code]orbmiser@Winterfell ~]$ kdenlive
kf5.kxmlgui: Registering action “edit_select_all” under new name “select_all_tracks”
Removing cache at “/home/orbmiser/.cache/kdenlive-thumbs.kcache”
0x37a26d0 void QWindowPrivate::setTopLevelScreen(QScreen*, bool) ( QScreen(0x20c4ae0) ): Attempt to set a screen on a child window.
0x37b3d80 void QWindowPrivate::setTopLevelScreen(QScreen*, bool) ( QScreen(0x20c4ae0) ): Attempt to set a screen on a child window.
0x350b4c0 void QWindowPrivate::setTopLevelScreen(QScreen*, bool) ( QScreen(0x20c4ae0) ): Attempt to set a screen on a child window.
0x34e3d80 void QWindowPrivate::setTopLevelScreen(QScreen*, bool) ( QScreen(0x20c4ae0) ): Attempt to set a screen on a child window.
0x34f9fd0 void QWindowPrivate::setTopLevelScreen(QScreen*, bool) ( QScreen(0x20c4ae0) ): Attempt to set a screen on a child window.
0x35150d0 void QWindowPrivate::setTopLevelScreen(QScreen*, bool) ( QScreen(0x20c4ae0) ): Attempt to set a screen on a child window.

…continues then

Overwriting existing old cached entry due to collision.
QXcbConnection: XCB error: 8 (BadMatch), sequence: 14041, resource id: 65011941, major code: 130 (Unknown), minor code: 3

… continues

[/code]

It’s launching from the menu and working fine here with the intel drivers set to UXA.
The intel sna acceleration issue began with one of the latest mesa releases, this could also be affecting the other open source drivers as well. Have you tried using the AMD/ATI proprietary drivers?

Nope as their is none for proprietary being a legacy card Ati 4350

Since it’s launching from the command line but not from the menu, I would look at the menu entry to see if maybe a bad argument is being passed.

Good Idea to take a look at the launch arguments. And remove any as kdenline by itself seems to launch just fine.

Strange have 2 entries. Didn’t notice before.

kdenlive %i -caption %c %u - Doesn’t work

kdenlive %U - Launches just fine.

Guess I will have to remove the non-working link. As confused why there is two. As never did anything with it except install it once.

Note : Full edit no longer has quotes? code box? etc…?? And also breaks dark theme for forum.

Yea, delete that first entry, I’m not sure where that came from.

[ajslye@James-Laptop ~]$ kdenlive %i -caption %c %u
Unknown options: c, a, p, t.
[ajslye@James-Laptop ~]$