Libreoffice-KDE

I uninstalled Libreoffice-GTK and Libreoffice-Gnome packages. I attempted to install the Libreoffice-KDE package but after running it I get the error in the included image. How can I resolve this error so that I can integrate Libreoffice with KDE.

Note: I wanted to see if the instability issues with Libreoffice-KDE under 4.2.3 RC3 were resolved under 4.2.4

[attachment=346]

[color=#000080]Try this from a terminal (to me it has worked for me):
Completely uninstall LibreOffice with:
[/color]

[size=large]$ sudo apt-get --purge remove libreoffice[/size]

[color=#000080]Then add the repository and upgrade:[/color]

[size=large]$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:libreoffice/ppa
$ sudo apt-get update
[/size]

[color=#000080]LibreOffice install again:[/color]

[size=large]$ sudo apt-get install libreoffice[/size]

[color=#000080]Install the language (which is not use, replace the ***) [/color]

[size=large]$ sudo apt-get install libreoffice-l10n-***[/size]

[color=#000080]Then you integrate with KDE:[/color]

[size=large]$ sudo apt-get install libreoffice-kde[/size]

[color=#000080]And presto, you have installed Version: 4.2.5.2 you should run smoothly.[/color] :stuck_out_tongue:

A good try but I’m afraid that I get the some error even when using the LibreOffice PPA that you recommended. What would happen if I were to uninstall netrunner-default-settings?

As far as I know the libreoffice-kde integration does not work with kde4 (at least the one from the official packages directly from LO)

The KDE integration does work. The problem is that the KDE save dialog often triggers the program to crash whcih effectively mitigates its usefulness.

However, I was actually mistaken when I said that your instructions did not work. They do work but it seems that the updated libreoffice-kde package has changed the appearance of the KDE save dialog. I don’t have the screenshots handy but it is no longer the default KDE save dialog but looks more like a cross between the KDE and Gnome dialogs (definitely not Gnome either as I checked this). I think this change has resolved the crashing issues previously experienced.