Missing libraries

I’m trying to get a console mode application running but I’m missing a few libraries:

[martin@sgc ~]$ ldd /usr/local/lib/openxp/bin/openxp linux-vdso.so.1 (0x00007ffdbbe04000) libtinfo.so.5 => not found libpanel.so.5 => not found libncurses.so.5 => not found libdl.so.2 => /usr/lib/libdl.so.2 (0x00007fa3d31fa000) libc.so.6 => /usr/lib/libc.so.6 (0x00007fa3d2e52000) /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 (0x00007fa3d3402000) [martin@sgc ~]$
libtinfo’ and ‘libtinfo-5’ are in the AUR (one of those should be OK).
libpanel’ is usually provided by ‘libncurses’.

The one I’m really missing is ‘libncurses’ but, although I recently installed ‘ncurses5-compat-libs’ to get VMWare Player working, it doesn’t provide ‘libncurses’, it actually provides ‘libncursesw’ which is no good for the application I’m trying to get running. So, my question is, where can I get ‘libncurses’ from?

Since ncurses5-compat-libs is from the AUR it is not officially supported.
However, ncurses was installed by default but ncurses5-compat-libs replaced it by recompiling ncurses6, and then symlinked to the new libs for ncurses5 based applications. You can have a look at the ncurses5-compat-libs changelog for it’s pkgbuild in the AUR here:
https://aur.archlinux.org/cgit/aur.git/log/?h=ncurses5-compat-libs

Basically you would need remove ncurses5-compat-libs and reinstall ncurses. You might also need lib32-ncurses for 32 bit compatibility if on a 64bit system.

Thanks for that but it doesn’t matter now, sorry to have wasted your time.