muon-discover stuck at 100% CPU

Hi,

Whenever I try to update my system using the icon on the task bar it launches muon-discover when then runs at 100% CPU and does nothing. I’m pretty sure this used to work fine a few weeks ago.

I’m able to update my system fine using Octopi.

Any ideas ?

I was unable to reproduce this issue.
Could you please post your system specs(cpu, gpu, memory, etc.)?
Could you also list any other stay resident applications that you are running in the background (dropbox, etc.)?
Make sure you reboot in between updates, some things like kernel and systemd updates can cause issues if not rebooted.

Hi,

I’m not sure the spec of the machine is that important - it looks to be more a configuration issue.

If I delete the config file; ~/.config/muondiscoverrc and then run up the update utility; /usr/bin/muon-discover then it appears and works OK consuming about 15% CPU. However, if I then try to re-size the Discover window then the window corrupts and muon-discover goes to 100% CPU. The CLI kicks out:

QOpenGLFramebufferObject: Unsupported framebuffer format. QOpenGLFramebufferObject: Unsupported framebuffer format. QOpenGLFramebufferObject: Framebuffer incomplete attachment. QOpenGLFramebufferObject: Unsupported framebuffer format. QOpenGLFramebufferObject: Unsupported framebuffer format. QOpenGLFramebufferObject: Unsupported framebuffer format. QOpenGLFramebufferObject: Framebuffer incomplete attachment. QOpenGLFramebufferObject: Framebuffer incomplete, missing attachment.

The system is a AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+ with 4GB RAM. The card is an GeForce 6600 GT and I’m using the Nvidia driver v304.131

That is strange, I’ll test this myself on my GeForce 6 (6150se) system using the same nvidia driver to see if I can reproduce this issue. Under the nouveau driver this doesn’t happen, however the nouveau driver also requires me to add (option “shadowFB” “on”) to it’s xorg settings in order not to crash (garbled screen and frozen) on this same system.