Netrunner 17.10, Teamviewer and libfontconfig1.

Hello there! I cannot install Teamviewer due to dependencies - I got all of them except libfontconfig1. Does anyone could install it?

The package seems to be in the repositories so should install just fine.

Ok then, I’ll give it another try…

sorry, it’s not fine. I tried it several times to install teamviewer with different versions. No chance at all.

And now?

Ciao!

Dieter

What is the error message you got?

I think Pfiff got the same problem that I got - impossible to resolve dependencies. Something like:

teamviewer:i386 depends on libfontconfig1.
teamviewer:i386 depends on libasound2.
teamviewer:i386 depends on libxdamage1.
teamviewer:i386 depends on libxinerama1.
teamviewer:i386 depends on libxrandr2.
teamviewer:i386 depends on libxtst6.
…etc.

I can resolve all of them by installing <name_of_package>:i386 versions, except libfontconfig1:i386 due to an errors. The only way to install it I found is to downgrade version of libfontconfig1, but with downgraded version teamviewer refuses to start. Later I’ll post the error messages.

live@live-pc:~/Downloads$ sudo dpkg -i teamviewer_12.0.85001_i386.deb Selecting previously unselected package teamviewer:i386. (Reading database ... 211765 files and directories currently installed.) Preparing to unpack teamviewer_12.0.85001_i386.deb ... Unpacking teamviewer:i386 (12.0.85001) ... dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of teamviewer:i386: teamviewer:i386 depends on libasound2. teamviewer:i386 depends on libdbus-1-3. teamviewer:i386 depends on libfontconfig1. teamviewer:i386 depends on libfreetype6. teamviewer:i386 depends on libjpeg62. teamviewer:i386 depends on libsm6. teamviewer:i386 depends on libxrandr2. teamviewer:i386 depends on libxtst6. dpkg: error processing package teamviewer:i386 (--install): dependency problems - leaving unconfigured Processing triggers for desktop-file-utils (0.23-2) ... Processing triggers for mime-support (3.60) ... Processing triggers for hicolor-icon-theme (0.15-1) ... Errors were encountered while processing: teamviewer:i386

Trying to install libfontconfig1:i386:

[code]live@live-pc:~/Downloads$ sudo apt install libfontconfig1:i386
Reading package lists… Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information… Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
ant : Depends: default-jre-headless but it is not going to be installed or
java5-runtime-headless or
java6-runtime-headless or
java7-runtime-headless
ca-certificates-java : Depends: openjdk-7-jre-headless but it is not installable or
java7-runtime-headless
firefox-esr : Depends: libcairo-gobject2 (>= 1.10.0) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libcairo2 (>= 1.10.0) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libfontconfig1 (>= 2.12) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libgtk-3-0 (>= 3.0.0) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libgtk2.0-0 (>= 2.10) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libpango-1.0-0 (>= 1.14.0) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: fontconfig
libtheora0 : Depends: libcairo2 (>= 1.2.4) but it is not going to be installed
pulseaudio : Depends: libasound2-plugins but it is not going to be installed
E: Error, pkgProblemResolver::Resolve generated breaks, this may be caused by held packages.[/code]

Seems to be a general error as teamviewer is only shipping 32bit versions.
The internet is full of problems like this: https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Linux/Help-Installing-TeamViewer-12-in-debian-9-linux/td-p/16118

now I succeeded in installing teamviewer

sudo apt install libfontconfig1:i386

and then

sudo apt install ./teamviewer_12.0.85001_i386.deb

quit every question with yes and teamviewer is running.

Ciao!

Dieter

nice that it worked.
Hopefully Teamviewer will soon upgrade to be a native 64bit application.

OK then, finally I managed teamviewer to work too. In my case I downgrade version of libfontconfig1, then install libfontconfig1:i386, then install teamviewer itself. All just like last time, BUT! Teamviewer not refuses to launch as I expect earlier, but just takes a very long time for first “cold start”. Behaviour strange enough for me.

I can only guess here. But I expect fontconfig maybe recreating it cache for 32bit fonts. (We had that issue previously with skype which was a 32bit app)