Netrunner 19.01 debian: KMail: akonadi services are not running correctly [solved]

I installed KMail and PIM, Kmail importer, KTnef via Discover. When I start KMail then I will get an Akonadi server message: “Akonadi services are not working correctly…Click on details…”. The “Details button” does not work. I have reinstalled Akonadi server and Plasma settings for it are on. Nothing has been changed. What is going wrong with Akonadi services and what I can do?

Can you try starting akonadi via
akonadictl start
in a terminal. The output might be helpful to debug the issue.

How I can i put the output to here and post it?

brumm@brumm-pc:~$ akonadictl start
brumm@brumm-pc:~$ Connecting to deprecated signal QDBusConnectionInterface::serviceOwnerChanged(QString,QString,QString)
Invalid Type= “fixed” line for icon theme: “/usr/share/icons/Obsidian/actions/16/”
Invalid Type= “fixed” line for icon theme: “/usr/share/icons/Obsidian/apps/16/”
Invalid Type= “fixed” line for icon theme: “/usr/share/icons/Obsidian/appscol/16/”
Invalid Type= “fixed” line for icon theme: “/usr/share/icons/Obsidian/categories/16/”
Invalid Type= “fixed” line for icon theme: “/usr/share/icons/Obsidian/devices/16/”
Invalid Type= “fixed” line for icon theme: “/usr/share/icons/Obsidian/emblems/16/”
Invalid Type= “fixed” line for icon theme: “/usr/share/icons/Obsidian/status/16/”
Invalid Type= “fixed” line for icon theme: “/usr/share/icons/Obsidian/actions/22/”
Invalid Type= “fixed” line for icon theme: “/usr/share/icons/Obsidian/apps/22/”
Invalid Type= “fixed” line for icon theme: “/usr/share/icons/Obsidian/appscol/22/”
Invalid Type= “fixed” line for icon theme: “/usr/share/icons/Obsidian/categories/22/”
Invalid Type= “fixed” line for icon theme: “/usr/share/icons/Obsidian/devices/22/”
Invalid Type= “fixed” line for icon theme: “/usr/share/icons/Obsidian/emblems/22/”
Invalid Type= “fixed” line for icon theme: “/usr/share/icons/Obsidian/status/22/”
Invalid Type= “fixed” line for icon theme: “/usr/share/icons/Obsidian/actions/24/”
Invalid Type= “fixed” line for icon theme: “/usr/share/icons/Obsidian/apps/24/”
Invalid Type= “fixed” line for icon theme: “/usr/share/icons/Obsidian/appscol/24/”
Invalid Type= “fixed” line for icon theme: “/usr/share/icons/Obsidian/categories/24/”
Invalid Type= “fixed” line for icon theme: “/usr/share/icons/Obsidian/devices/24/”
Invalid Type= “fixed” line for icon theme: “/usr/share/icons/Obsidian/emblems/24/”
Invalid Type= “fixed” line for icon theme: “/usr/share/icons/Obsidian/status/24/”
Invalid Type= “fixed” line for icon theme: “/usr/share/icons/Obsidian/actions/32/”
Invalid Type= “fixed” line for icon theme: “/usr/share/icons/Obsidian/apps/32/”
Invalid Type= “fixed” line for icon theme: “/usr/share/icons/Obsidian/appscol/32/”
Invalid Type= “fixed” line for icon theme: “/usr/share/icons/Obsidian/categories/32/”
Invalid Type= “fixed” line for icon theme: “/usr/share/icons/Obsidian/devices/32/”
Invalid Type= “fixed” line for icon theme: “/usr/share/icons/Obsidian/emblems/32/”
Invalid Type= “fixed” line for icon theme: “/usr/share/icons/Obsidian/status/32/”
Invalid Type= “fixed” line for icon theme: “/usr/share/icons/Obsidian/actions/48/”
Invalid Type= “fixed” line for icon theme: “/usr/share/icons/Obsidian/apps/48/”
Invalid Type= “fixed” line for icon theme: “/usr/share/icons/Obsidian/appscol/48/”
Invalid Type= “fixed” line for icon theme: “/usr/share/icons/Obsidian/categories/48/”
Invalid Type= “fixed” line for icon theme: “/usr/share/icons/Obsidian/devices/48/”
Invalid Type= “fixed” line for icon theme: “/usr/share/icons/Obsidian/emblems/48/”
Invalid Type= “fixed” line for icon theme: “/usr/share/icons/Obsidian/status/48/”
Invalid Type= “fixed” line for icon theme: “/usr/share/icons/Obsidian/actions/64/”
Invalid Type= “fixed” line for icon theme: “/usr/share/icons/Obsidian/status/64/”
Icon theme “Ambiant-MATE” not found.
Icon theme “Mint-X” not found.
Icon theme “Faenza-Dark” not found.
Icon theme “KFaenza” not found.

FATAL ERROR: Could not find resolveip

The following directories were searched:

/usr/bin
/usr/bin

If you compiled from source, you need to either run ‘make install’ to
copy the software into the correct location ready for operation.
If you don’t want to do a full install, you can use the --srcdir
option to only install the mysql database and privilege tables

If you compiled from source, you need to either run ‘make install’ to
copy the software into the correct location ready for operation.
If you don’t want to do a full install, you can use the --srcdir
option to only install the mysql database and privilege tables

If you are using a binary release, you must either be at the top
level of the extracted archive, or pass the --basedir option
pointing to that location.

The latest information about mysql_install_db is available at

org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: database server stopped unexpectedly
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: Database process exited unexpectedly during initial connection!
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: executable: “/usr/sbin/mysqld-akonadi”
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: arguments: ("–defaults-file=/home/brumm/.local/share/akonadi/mysql.conf", “–datadir=/home/brumm/.local/share/akonadi/db_data/”, “–socket=/tmp/akonadi-brumm.TRB1Lz/mysql.socket”, “–pid-file=/tmp/akonadi-brumm.TRB1Lz/mysql.pid”)
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: stdout: “”
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: stderr: “2019-01-31 20:01:18 140197860615808 [Note] /usr/sbin/mysqld (mysqld 10.1.37-MariaDB-3) starting as process 3054 …\n2019-01-31 20:01:18 140197860615808 [Warning] Can’t create test file /home/brumm/.local/share/akonadi/db_data/brumm-pc.lower-test\n\x07/usr/sbin/mysqld: Can’t change dir to ‘/home/brumm/.local/share/akonadi/db_data/’ (Errcode: 2 “No such file or directory”)\n2019-01-31 20:01:18 140197860615808 [ERROR] Aborting\n\n”
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: exit code: 1
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: process error: “Unknown error”
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: Failed to remove runtime connection config file
org.kde.pim.akonadicontrol: Application ‘akonadiserver’ exited normally…

Here is the log

Have you tried restarting the PC after installing akonadi and kdepim?

Yes. I restarted the PC. The same result.

This issue is solved now: I created manually in /home/brumm/.local/share/akonadi/db_data and KMail started without any issues and works until now. Thank you leszek for your efforts. I will report if this solution will survive over the time.

1 Like

Nice that you found a solution on your own :slight_smile:

I was having the exact same problem and I tired almost everything else. I’ll try it asap, but you might have made my day :smiley:

Apropos, does netrunner have some bug tracking page? Sometimes I’d like to file an issue, but opening a new post on the forum every time sounds lame…

Bugs are reported here in the forum. As mostly those “bugs” are either upstream (so we report them to Plasma or Debian and work on fixing them together with them) or questions about default behavior of an app.

1 Like

Hi at all,
i have Problems with akonadi too.

org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: Failed to use database “akonadi”
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: Database error: “Can’t connect to local MySQL server through socket ‘/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock’ (2) QMYSQL: Unable to connect”
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: Failed to connect to database!
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: Database error: “Can’t connect to local MySQL server through socket ‘/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock’ (2) QMYSQL: Unable to connect”
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: Failed to remove runtime connection config file
org.kde.pim.akonadicontrol: Application ‘akonadiserver’ exited normally…

Any Ideas?

eikko

Sorry,

a new “db_data” fixed my Problem!

eikko