Nvidia drivers and OpenGL

Hi,

Thanks for this beautiful and very friendly linux distro but I’ve got some problems with the nvidia drivers and also opengl. I’ve installed with SPM nvidia-319, nvidia-319-settings and nvidia-319-updates but the Nvidia X Server doesn’t want to work so i suppose it’s not working as in My Computer only the intel 2d driver is detected. Also, when running a gamr from Wine, it’s reporting that the opengl32 librarie are not detected.

Can I get some help with these issues please?

Thanks!

Why is a intel driver in use when you have a nvidia card ? Is it a integrated intel card with nvidia for gaming chip ?
This is badly supported on linux in general. The only thing I know is that you need bumblebee for this.
The wine opengl32 library problem should only occur on 64bit systems and should dissappear with installing bumblebee I guess.

After researching further it seems my optimus-enabled nVidia card isn’t recognized by the linux drivers and the proprietary nVidia drivers requires too much tickering for my knowledge level of linux. I guess the most I could achieve is disabling the dedicated card completely while on Netrunner using the bumblebee tool.

Thanks for the answer, leszek.

P.S.: The opengl32 issue was solved by uninstalling the nVidia packages and reinstalling the mesa gl package.