I installed psensor, my weather indicator and caffeine (v. 2.5). These applications are app-indicators.
The problem is that some features doesn’t work like :
- psensor : temp can’t be displayed in systray
- my weather indicator : temp can’t be displayed in systray
- caffeine : when I click on disable screensaver it’s not changing to enable screensaver
So, is that the indicators are supposed to work or not ?
Those are all GTK indicators, why are you trying to get them to work under KDE?
caffeine isn’t needed under KDE even if it worked, all you need to do is make sure that you set the Battery monitor in the system tray to always visible, you can then use that to disable power management (including the KDE screensaver if you use them).
KDE has quite a few weather applets available:
Their is already a hardware temperature applet that comes default in KDE,
You just need to add them to your system (if not already installed), panel or desktop.
I am new to KDE and on Ubuntu (Unity) I used these really useful app indicators.
- I tried the Battery monitor in the systray and it can replace Caffeine 2.5 for manual screensaver deactivation. I will try caffeine 2.7 in addition who don’t have app indicator for automatic deactivation.
- CWP is a good alternative to my weather indicator.
- Hardware temperature monitor is a good alternative to psensor that I used to display temp of CPU and GPU.
It’s OK but Netrunner / KDE is not fully compatible with GTK app indicator ?
[quote]- I tried the Battery monitor in the systray and it can replace Caffeine 2.5 for manual screensaver deactivation. I will try caffeine 2.7 in addition who don’t have app indicator for automatic deactivation.
From what I know caffeine is exclusively for gnome. That might have changed but I would rather stick to the tools coming with KDE SC.
KDE SC invented app indicators
In general those things are tray icons is my guess. And those who are written for the Gnome desktop specifically won’t work on KDE Plasma.
I talked with the dev of psensor and he says that netrunner support app indicator but there is a bug or a limitation about the change of the indicator label.
He suggest me to report this. So how can I report this problem to the devs of netrunner ?