Problem with updates

hi everyone…i love this OS entirely…now im having one issue,when i log in,y get a message at the top of the screen that there are 12 updates for the system,but when i click the message,nothing happens…so,then i go to the muon updates manager and check for those updates,the message appears once again,but not inside the muon manager…so i cant get those updates…it says my system is up to date (as you can see in the screenshot included) .what can i do? im new in Netrunner,by the way…any help would be appreciated…

dreamwarrior

im including a screenshot of what i say

Dude, how did you end up with the ksnapshot window in you image.

Anyway, try updating from the command line first, that might just be a localized issue.

sudo apt-get update&&sudo apt-get upgrade

thanks…but i did as you say and still get the same message…about what you ask of the snapshot,i get it that way because i use the button “print screen” in the keyboard,instead of the application,and the system opened it anyway…

i still get the same message…heres another screenshot

[quote=“dreamwarrior, post:3, topic:2845”]
thanks…but i did as you say and still get the same message…about what you ask of the snapshot,i get it that way because i use the button “print screen” in the keyboard,instead of the application,and the system opened it anyway…

i still get the same message…heres another screenshot

Try this in your terminal
sudo aptitude

[quote=“captainfreeky, post:4, topic:2845”]

sudo aptitude…nothing else?..
cause i tried,and the terminal says “command not found” …
please remember im new to this…thanks

Then I’m not sure, for this one you’ll need to wait for leszek to help.

thats ok,i appreciate your help any way,…even i installed compiz,and i still dont have the effects,even trying changing the video drivers that appeared in the driver manager…

Yea, compiz can be a pain to set up, but why use compiz when Kwin has most of those effects already built in?

[quote=“dreamwarrior, post:5, topic:2845”]

Try in terminal
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
[hr]

Dont worry the people from admin to down all are always help full :slight_smile:
Well just wanted to confirm after you using sudo
it asked the password whcih is invisible and press enter right ?