purism has perfect screen resolution detection

my desktop screen has a buggy EDID and what not, so it gets misconfigured by 99% of all live-CDROM. resolution is too low, like 320 x 240 pixels , lawl :-/

I came across only a single live-CD correctly setting up the full resolution: the purism pureOS live-CD
(purism sells laptops without intel ME spy engine)

I wonder how they pull it off. Ubu, mint, Manja, NRR and all fail to do this. gotta find out one day. :shy:

It’s more than likely the UEFI and not the monitors EDID.

When booting, hit any key during post, or bring up your UEFI boot menu prior to loading the live-CD, the resolution should now be pre-set by the UEFI manager and the VBE allowed through to the bootloader.

This is a known issue with many UEFI implementations, the resolution information is not passed on to the bootloader via VBE.

Syslinux (isolinux) does not have this limitation since it uses it’s own internal graphics detection and drivers, and does not rely on the VBE (VESA BIOS Extensions).

NOTE: Most systems have moved away from systlinx to systemd-boot for loading grub on uefi based systems for their CD’s.
I believe PureOS still uses syslinux to load grub for booting their live-CD, at least that is what I gathered from this post:
https://forums.puri.sm/t/booting-from-usb-bootable-partition/1774/7

its good to know purism gives you a working liveCD with a root console to fix stuff.

you may wanna chroot or copy stuff in /boot in a hurry which you can without an extra , say,

xrandr -s 1024x768

No, doing so would not be officially supported.

this term “official support” must be some kind of magic spell or whatever :huh: . In the Manjaro Forum, support is just a bad joke. Everyone is on his own. :-/

First, Netrunner Rolling may be based on Manjaro, but we are not Manjaro.
We do offer a certain level of support for our products.
Official support means exactly that, receiving help for any issues that arise for our products by the Netrunner team.

With that said, If users starts changing out, and/or modifying major system components, there is no way for us to diagnose their issues. In short, we can not help at that point.

Please note, that I said nothing about asking the community for help.

Yeah alright, I pretty much got a hang of kernel modding by this time. Using the “official” PKGBUILD , I went by the book, so to speak.

Currently my modified kernels are easy to handle. One just has to keep an eye on /lib/modules/*

Generally, modding your kernel is quite possible, just make sure you have a backup of a working setup in case of FAIL. :smiley:

and be the force with you (the force of GIT!)