[SOLVED] Error on system upgrade...

I receive the following error when attempting a full system upgrade.

I understand these are font configuration files. Is there a good workaround for me?

Thanks!

error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)
ttf-dejavu: /etc/fonts/conf.d/20-unhint-small-dejavu-sans-mono.conf exists in filesystem
ttf-dejavu: /etc/fonts/conf.d/20-unhint-small-dejavu-sans.conf exists in filesystem
ttf-dejavu: /etc/fonts/conf.d/20-unhint-small-dejavu-serif.conf exists in filesystem
ttf-dejavu: /etc/fonts/conf.d/57-dejavu-sans-mono.conf exists in filesystem
ttf-dejavu: /etc/fonts/conf.d/57-dejavu-sans.conf exists in filesystem
ttf-dejavu: /etc/fonts/conf.d/57-dejavu-serif.conf exists in filesystem
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

This would depend on what you have installed on your system that containes those dejavu font configs?

sudo pacman -Qo /etc/fonts/conf.d/20-unhint-small-dejavu-sans-mono.conf

etc.

I received the following output. I think ttf-dejavu is a “Font family based on the Bitstream Vera Fonts with a wider range of characters”. I have the Opera web browser on my system, and I think it depends on ttf-dejavu.

/etc/fonts/conf.d/20-unhint-small-dejavu-sans-mono.conf is owned by ttf-dejavu 2.37-1

Would it be safe for me to delete the conflicting font config files, and then perform the upgrade?

Well, I just checked and Opera 41 from the repository, does not depend on ttf-dejavu.
That error is very strange, so what package is pacman complaining about then?
In other words, what package is pacman trying to update that contains the same config files as ttf-dejavu?

Well it turned out to be gnome-themes-standard, which I’m not sure why I have installed. I do have some GNOME applications installed, so maybe they are using it?

Uninstalling gnome-themes-standard and ttf-dejavu, and then performing the upgrade worked as expected.

I then re-installed gnome-themes-standard, assuming it was there for some reason.

Thanks!

Well, I’m glad you figured this out.
Could you please mark this thread as (SOLVED)?