[SOLVED]Icons in dolphin

Hi everyone. I changed the icons theme in system settings but they are not beeing changed in dolphin (toolbar icons, folders icons, etc), How can i change them? Thank you.

This is a known bug: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=256856

The KDE developers is still trying to figure this one out.

You could try clearing out your KDE cache here: /var/tmp/kdecache-user_name
Also, sometimes just logging out and back in will apply the change.

I apologize that I couldn’t have been more helpful.

Well this is only happening in Netrunner…I tried it on Manjaro and LM KDE and everything is working great on those two…p.s. sorry for my bad english.

I’m not sure what is causing this, I had the same Issue with Manjaro KDE Edition 0.8.9, which by the way is what the Netrunner Rolling 2014.04 ISO was based. I did notice that if I pick a icon them and apply Dolphin doesn’t change, but if I pick a different theme and apply that one then Dolphin will change to the theme previously applied and on and on like this.

I’ll have to look into this more.

Always make sure your system is up to date: sudo pacman -Syyu or yaourt -Syyua
[hr]
OK, this is weird, If dolphin is open when you change the icon theme, close it and reopen it, it works. If dolphin is closed and you change the theme then open dolphin it doesn’t work.

I guess this is a caching issue. Depending on the situation the kde apps cache a lot of stuff.
A relogin should normally show the new icons.

I cleared KDE cache and now everything is working ok…thank you very much
How to mark as solved? :smiley:

To mark a topic as solved, go to your first post in the thread and click the “Edit” button. You can then put [SOLVED] in front of the Post Subject.