[SOLVED] Keeping yaourt from asking so many questions

Hi - (I know i could just try this, but don’t want to mess my stuff up just yet - last time I tried to ask this I got auto-banned somehow, so I’m trying again, maybe it was a link I included. )

Installing with yaourt asks so many questions and I found the tip quoted below on kissmyarch.blogspot.jp

Can I do this on netrunner rolling?

Cheers, Bill

[quote]If you fed up with these questions asked all the time by yaourt:
Edit PKGBUILD ? [Y/n] (“A” to abort)
Edit <pkg_name>.install ? [Y/n] (“A” to abort)
Continue building <pkg_name> ? [Y/n]

The simple solution is to create a .yaourtrc under your home directory and configure yaourt to your taste. You can use the global / etc /yaourtrc file as a sample:

cp / etc /yaourtrc ~/.yaourtrc

I simply edited two lines:

BUILD_NOCONFIRM=1
EDITFILES=0

These two will prevent yaourt to ask for editing anything and for continuing the build, it will skip these steps and will build the packages for you automatically. Still it will leave you some manual controls not to install anything unintentionally:

When you do system upgrade ( yaourt -Syua ), it will tell you what packages are to be installed and will ask "Continue upgrade ? [Y/n]".

It will always ask the last question for installing a package after building it: "Proceed with installation? [Y/n]". 

[/quote]

It should work von Netrunner Rolling.

Yes, that will work, on Netrunner Rolling. However, keep in mind that occasionally you will need to edit the pkgbuild or the .install file for things to compile and/or install properly on Manjaro. You could also install and use pamac instead of octopi for package management which performs upgrades to both official and AUR packages automatically without those confirmations.

Another option would be to use the “–noconfirm”. This way you could avoid the multi-prompts during installation of a package but have the flexibility to edit when needed. Here are a couple of example of uses:

Install a package:
yaourt -S dropbox --noconfirm

Update one or more packages with upgrades:
yaourt -Syua --noconfirm

Thanks all - I haven’t found a need to install too much else really via yaourt but the --noconfirm option seems to work fine. [quote=“davidbrooke, post:4, topic:2493”] Here are a couple of example of uses:
Install a package:
yaourt -S dropbox --noconfirm
[/quote]

Cheers, Bill