[SOLVED: sddm] device manger asks for password to open usb stick in file manager

Seems to be running then. Hmm… I am out of ideas now. I don’t know whats going on with logind and policykit on your machine.

Hello spacepenguin. I had quite a similar issue a few weeks ago. I worked around by downgrading my sddm to 0.11.0 ;). I don’t know if it will help you but I think it’s worth a try.

sudo apt-get install sddm=0.11.0-0ubuntu11

Prost aus BaWü!

Thanks, I’ll try…

Yeah, finally solved by “sudo apt-get install sddm=0.11.0-0ubuntu11” !

Ok the interesting question is now. Why does the newer version not work properly on some machines but works without issues on others.(like my testing machines)

Maybe we can collect system data (inxi) from the systems on which sddm fails and there are some common things… I don’t know so far… The system on which sddm 13 does work here e.g. has a Nvidia card GF 610, uses nvidia-352 driver, has 8 GB of DDR2 RAM. The system on which is does not work has a Nvidia card GF 8400, uses nvidia340 driver, has 8 GB of DDR3 RAM. Both have more than one HD and the boot drive is a SSD (on the not working system /var is not on the SSD but on an extra partition on the HDD). Both systems show the same behaviour no matter if only one user exists or two.

Some constellation must trigger the “online” flag for the user sessions on the system where it does not work.

I doubt it has to do with the graphics hardware. The SSD might be an interesting matter if it is a race condition in sddm (which is a typical for errors that appear not on all pcs).
Can you provide the output of journalctl -b -u sddm of the system were sddm 0.13 is installed and misbehaves aswell as where sddm 0.13 is installed and does not misbehave.

Sorry, on both systems now sddm 0.11 is installed since yesterday. Are the old logs are saved somewhere?

Yeah journalctl should have them stored. So paste them anyhow. (Then I need to search for the correct version number myself)

See: http://forums.netrunner.com/showthread.php?tid=23498&pid=37679#pid37679

Older logs doesn’t seem to be stored? The logging seems to start with the installation of the other version?

susan@panther:~$ journalctl -b --until=2016-04-04 -- Logs begin at Fr 2016-04-08 17:31:57 CEST, end at Fr 2016-04-08 18:01:15 CEST. --

Yeah they are cleared at some point.

Ok, so alas I cannot provide any further information about the two machines…