[SOLVED] sddm resolution

Hello!

i have a laptop with a broken screen, then i must connect an external monitor, this works fine but i note that sddm takes the laptop resolution for the external monitor, is possible change this behavior? i would like to use the max resolution for sddm too

sddm.conf:

[code][Autologin]
Relogin=false
Session=
User=

[General]
HaltCommand=
RebootCommand=

[Theme]
Current=archlinux-simplyblack
CursorTheme=Oxygen_Black
FacesDir=/usr/share/sddm/faces
ThemeDir=/usr/share/sddm/themes

[Users]
DefaultPath=/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin
MaximumUid=60000
MinimumUid=1000
RememberLastSession=true
RememberLastUser=true

[ServerArguments=-nolisten tcp -dpi 99,6]
[/code]

i tried adding the last line in the configuration but it was not modified

thanks in advance

SDDM uses the same resolution the tty is using.
What is your GPU and driver?

i use video-hybrid-intel-nvidia-bumblebee

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 3rd Gen Core processor Graphics Controller (rev 09)
01:00.0 3D controller: NVIDIA Corporation GK107M [GeForce GT 740M] (rev ff)

I think it will be long to solve

thanks

OK i just re-read your post.
That would be a dual monitor mode issue, when there are two monitors that are mirrored, the resolution of the monitor with the lowest available setting is what will be used for both. Unfortunately, mirror is the default mode.

You can change this behavior though:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/multihead#TwinView

I assume that I must modify the xorg.conf, I have no good experiences with this file, but here I go …

No, actually you would edit /etc/X11/mhwd.d/intel.conf or /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/90-mhwd.conf/
Just keep in mind that /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/90-mhwd.conf/ is just a symlink to the correct /etc/X11/mhwd.d/*.conf file for the driver that’s being used.

thank you AJSlye! I tried but this file and configuration always exhausted my patience, I must repair the notebook screen …

Yea, with laptop this can be a PITA.
Have you checked with your laptop manufacturer to see if there is a swap switch for the display output, or a uefi/bois setting to disable internal screen?

Alternatively, you could just disable the laptop screen on boot via grub:
http://linuxhow2s.blogspot.com/2014/06/disable-laptop-lcd-completely-on-boot.html

great! now i have only the external monitor! thanks!!

for bios setting i must see the laptop screen but this have a diagonal scratch and is impossible

I will now investigating with only the external display as detected

Problem solved by turning off the screen from grub as indicated by the link you sent.

Thank you very much AJSlye!!