just trying to get Viber running and get this message:

dirk@voyager:~/apps$ sudo gdebi viber.deb
Reading package lists… Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information… Done
Reading state information… Done
This package is uninstallable
Dependency is not satisfiable: libssl1.0.0

libssl1.0.2 is installed but won’t do the job for viber.

Anyone knows how to get it working?

Seems to be not compatible currently. At least not the official deb.

any other solution?

or just trying later?

Enabling the “testing” repository could allow to (co-)install libssl1.1

There is a manually way to get this working.
Just extract the data.tar.gz portion of the deb (open it with ark) and copy the opt directory contents to your /opt.
Then linking /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libssl.so.1.0.2 to /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libssl.so.1.0.0 aswell as
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcrypto.so.1.0.2 to /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcrypto.so.1.0.0 and it should be startable.
You might want to extract and copy the viber.desktop file from the archives data.tar.gz usr/share/applications and put it in /usr/share/applications for showing it in the menu and such.

Testing didn’t have that lib anymore but i added stable and there i could get it.

While installing, it removed skype, which came from netrunner.

After i installed Viber successfully I downloaded skype from their website and this skype installed and runs fine together with Viber.

Thanks a lot for your help, hope that post will help some people.

Great you solved it, i just saw you needed 1.0.0 and not 1.1. :slight_smile:

Ideally viber should fix their dependency to use the package libssl1.0.2 which does exist in Debian.

Only that you have to do is, go in the trust debian site http://security.debian.org/debian-security/pool/updates/main/o/openssl/ --> download : libssl-dev_1.0.1t-1+deb8u6_amd64.deb, libssl1.0.0-dbg_1.0.1t-1+deb8u6_amd64.deb, libssl1.0.0_1.0.1t-1+deb8u6_amd64.deb (or 32 bit version) --> Install it --> Install Viber or Skype --> Enjoy it!