System Time on Bootup

Hello All

This is frustrating as hell. When I boot up into the login screen my time is always 3hrs behind. Then when I login in it takes a few minutes to change.

I read that it is something to do with UTC time with the hardware clock ??

Is there a way I could change this so when I book up it use the time I want.

regards

Mark Spruce
Falkland Islands

You can try the hardcore method to globally change the timezone for your pc by executing

sudo dpkg-reconfigure tzdata

In a terminal. Then follow the wizard.

Hello

thanks I will give that a go and see what happens. What does the command actually do. I would like to understand more now about how things works

It reconfigures the package tzdata (stands for timezone data) and will ask you a bunch of questions regarding your timezone. It will then setup all the configs in different places to match the choosen timezone.

you are a star

Hello Leszek

To let you know I installed the Rolling, and the time zone issue, well with the rolling it is fine on boot up it has the correct time and not UTC. What ever to fix the issue with it on NR 16

Netrunner Rolling (Manjaro) also uses UTC by default. I’m not sure what the difference is between the Kubuntu base, and the Manjaro base, making this work better for you on one than the other. It’s just a difference in the way they both configure this I guess.