systrem update

Hello,
I’ll test your Distri “netrunner rolling release”. So I installed it on my harddisk and all worked fine.
Then I tried to update all as described in the readme file.
Bash update is OK, but the update of the sytem…
See the following:

sudo pacman -Syu
:: Starte vollständige Systemaktualisierung...
:: attica durch extra/attica-qt4 ersetzen? [J/n] j
:: ca-certificates-java durch core/ca-certificates-utils ersetzen? [J/n] j
:: dirmngr durch core/gnupg ersetzen? [J/n] j
:: glamor-egl durch extra/xorg-server ersetzen? [J/n] j
:: grantlee durch extra/grantlee-qt4 ersetzen? [J/n] j
:: intel-dri durch extra/mesa ersetzen? [J/n] j
:: lib32-intel-dri durch multilib/lib32-mesa ersetzen? [J/n] j
:: libaccounts-qt durch extra/libaccounts-qt4 ersetzen? [J/n] j
:: libltdl durch core/libtool ersetzen? [J/n] j
:: libnm-qt durch extra/libnm-qt4 ersetzen? [J/n] j
:: lirc-utils durch extra/lirc ersetzen? [J/n] j
:: mhwd-nvidia-legacy durch core/mhwd-nvidia-304xx ersetzen? [J/n]j
:: signon durch extra/signon-qt4 ersetzen? [J/n]j
:: telepathy-qt durch extra/telepathy-qt4 ersetzen? [J/n]j
Löse Abhängigkeiten auf...
Suche nach in Konflikt stehenden Paketen...
Warnung: Abhängigkeits-Zyklus entdeckt:
Warnung: harfbuzz wird vor seiner Abhängigkeit freetype2 installiert werden
Warnung: harfbuzz wird vor seiner Abhängigkeit freetype2 installiert werden
Warnung: lib32-harfbuzz wird vor seiner Abhängigkeit lib32-freetype2 installiert werden
Warnung: lib32-harfbuzz wird vor seiner Abhängigkeit lib32-freetype2 installiert werden

Gesamtgröße der zu installierenden Pakete:  4123,83 MiB
Größendifferenz der Aktualisierung:         91,43 MiB

(601/601) Prüfe Schlüssel im Schlüsselring                                   [###########################################] 100%
(601/601) Überprüfe Paket-Integrität                                         [###########################################] 100%
Fehler: jasper: signature from "Rob McCathie <korrode@gmail.com>" is unknown trust
:: Datei /var/cache/pacman/pkg/jasper-1.900.1-12.10-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz ist beschädigt (Ungültiges oder beschädigtes Paket (PGP-Signatur)).
Soll die Datei entfernt werden? [J/n] j
Fehler: libpulse: signature from "Rob McCathie <korrode@gmail.com>" is unknown trust
:: Datei /var/cache/pacman/pkg/libpulse-5.0-1.1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz ist beschädigt (Ungültiges oder beschädigtes Paket (PGP-Signatur)).
Fehler: gparted: signature from "Rob McCathie <korrode@gmail.com>" is unknown trust
:: Datei /var/cache/pacman/pkg/gparted-0.20.0-1.1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz ist beschädigt (Ungültiges oder beschädigtes Paket (PGP-Signatur)).
Fehler: lib32-libpulse: signature from "Rob McCathie <korrode@gmail.com>" is unknown trust
:: Datei /var/cache/pacman/pkg/lib32-libpulse-5.0-1.1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz ist beschädigt (Ungültiges oder beschädigtes Paket (PGP-Signatur)).
Fehler: locale-info: signature from "Rob McCathie <korrode@gmail.com>" is unknown trust
:: Datei /var/cache/pacman/pkg/locale-info-2.20-1-any.pkg.tar.xz ist beschädigt (Ungültiges oder beschädigtes Paket (PGP-Signatur)).
Fehler: pulseaudio: signature from "Rob McCathie <korrode@gmail.com>" is unknown trust
:: Datei /var/cache/pacman/pkg/pulseaudio-5.0-1.1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz ist beschädigt (Ungültiges oder beschädigtes Paket (PGP-Signatur)).
Fehler: Konnte den Vorgang nicht durchführen (Ungültiges oder beschädigtes Paket)
Fehler sind aufgetreten, keine Pakete wurden aktualisiert.

And now???

I’ve tried to update the mirror list as described in an other thread here in the forum - the same result.
Also when I answer to the faults at the end with “n” - the same result.

Sorry that a stupid user doesn’t understand such simple things! The question at the beginning of the update, how should
I know the answers as a new user? No explanation nothing, nada (e.g. whats that: intel-dri durch extra/mesa ersetzen) .
In Germany we say to such stupid user like me “Friss oder stirb”.
(I’m a linux user for 3 years now).

After all the shutdown buttons in the kick-off menu don’t work anymore. I’ve to shutdown/restart the system in the terminal.

Thanks

Probably your keys need to be refreshed, because of ‘old’ ISO

sudo pacman-key --init sudo pacman-key --populate archlinux sudo pacman-key --populate manjaro sudo pacman-key --refresh-keys sudo pacman -Syu

https://wiki.manjaro.org/index.php?title=Pacman_troubleshooting#.22Failed_to_commit_transaction_.28invalid_or_corrupted_package.29.22_Error

Is this a new install or have you missed any Update Packs?

Manjaro had some issues with expired keys, the last minor update was to fix this issue.
All that this means that the pacman and manjaro-system script package needs to be updated first:

sudo pacman -S pacman manjaro-system
sudo pacman -Syu

I am having the exact same issue and have done all these commands in terminal with no results.
At the end I get error stating that nothing was upgraded.

ok… i got it completed by following the codes in the link.
the codes listed here dont work.

Just a suggestion to put these various commands needed to do the update on the Readme Rolling page.

After a fresh 2014.9 install, I did the bash fix (from the readme), but then stumbled around a lot on the forums / manjaro wiki doing keyrings and mirror commands. I did get to the point where I can do sudo pacman -Syu and it tells me “nothing to do”, so I assume I’m OK now. But I didn’t find this thread until after all that and I know I didn’t do any ‘populate’ commands.

Cheers!

Robs key had expired and was fixed in the last manjaro-system script package update:

Here is my update announcement on this:
http://forums.netrunner-os.com/showthread.php?tid=17201

When there is an minor update, security update or update-pack released, I make an announcement here in the forums. Just look for threads with a blue exclamation mark and [Update] in the beginning of the title.
[hr]
I wish I could pin my announcements to the top of the sub-forum or maybe even have a sub forum under rolling just for announcements.

Anyway, these are the only commands needed to be done on a new / fresh install of 2014.09.1 to bring it current:

sudo rm -R /var/lib/pacman/local/bash-4.3.024-1
sudo pacman -Syy
sudo pacman -S bash pacman manjaro-system
sudo pacman -Su

Hello, first of all, thanks.
After updating the keys there are still the upcoming faults at the end. So I do the following:

sudo pacman -S pacman manjaro-system
sudo pacman-key --init
sudo pacman-key --populate archlinux
sudo pacman-key --populate manjaro
sudo pacman-key --refresh-keys
sudo pacman -Syu

All the updates are done and I’ve a brandnew system
But now the the strange.
I decided to install again the whole distri to get a well done updated one.
After that, first I’ve a look on octopi.
2 packages from the “AUR-repository” (isl and cloog) and other 566 packages are
available.
Now I start updating as shown above (I forgot to update the bash first).
Again the missing/untrusted pgp signature from this “Rob McCathie”.
No update is done.
It’s very strange for me that 6 packages with any fault avoid the whole process.
I’v a look in octopi, still 566 packages for update available but the 2 packages from the “AUR-repository” are not shown anymore, so it seems they are updated.
So I start the update process as shown above again.
Surprise, surprise the system update starts and all the packages are updated.
Sorry not all (you know the small village from Asterix) the 2 packages from “AUR-repository” needs an update. Whats going on they appear, disappear, appear again espacially after a system update???
Conclusion -> you have to do the process twice. How to know???
Can I trust the system now (and the distri) or should I compare all 566 packages mannual for the right
update??? What happens on a productive sytem???
Should I give this distribution a further try. First as a fallback system beside my productive system and to switch over step by step (for several reasons I will change from Ubuntu to Arch)? Or is Antergos the better choice?

Regards

The isl and cloog packages can be removed, they are left overs from building the ISO and are not needed.
Rob McCathie keys expired the manjaro-system package should fix that.
on first update you should always run rank-mirrors to make sure you have the fastest ones first:

sudo pacman-mirrors -g

Also you should always use two yy every now and again to ensure that pacman has the proper package listings from the repositories.

sudo rm -R /var/lib/pacman/local/bash-4.3.024-1
sudo pacman -R isl cloog
sudo pacman -Syy
sudo pacman-key --init
sudo pacman-key --populate archlinux
sudo pacman-key --populate manjaro
sudo pacman -Su

Hi:

I’ve been using Netrunner Rolling on my “play” machine since October, and it was running so well that I decided to put it on my main machine yesterday. After a clean install, I followed the instructions in the “read me,” and ended with a bunch of “corrupted” packages, and no updates were done. After that, I followed all of the instructions in this thread, but nothing has made any difference. I refreshed the keys, did all the other things, even deleted the cache, using the instruction on the Manjaro web site. Nothing helped, my last attempt ended with this:

error: jasper: signature from “Rob McCathie korrode@gmail.com” is marginal trust
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/jasper-1.900.1-12.10-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
Do you want to delete it? [Y/n] y
error: libpulse: signature from “Rob McCathie korrode@gmail.com” is marginal trust
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/libpulse-5.0-1.1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
error: gparted: signature from “Rob McCathie korrode@gmail.com” is marginal trust
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/gparted-0.20.0-1.1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
error: lib32-libpulse: signature from “Rob McCathie korrode@gmail.com” is marginal trust
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/lib32-libpulse-5.0-1.1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
error: locale-info: signature from “Rob McCathie korrode@gmail.com” is marginal trust
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/locale-info-2.20-1-any.pkg.tar.xz is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
error: pulseaudio: signature from “Rob McCathie korrode@gmail.com” is marginal trust
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/pulseaudio-5.0-1.1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
error: failed to commit transaction (invalid or corrupted package)
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

I don’t know what I should try next. Problem is, it takes about two hours over my connection to download the updates, before I know if what I try works. One option is just to wait for the next snapshot. I would like to see one set of instructions to make it work. I’m willing to try another clean install.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

UPDATE:

I ran the populate commands again, followed by the key refresh. Ran the key refresh three times before it ran without errors. Ran -Su and the update went fine. -Syu said “nothing to do,” so I’m apparently okay. Glad to have it working!

Pete

Hello,
with a new installation I tried the commands as shown in the last post from AJSlye step by step. The same result with this bad signature from “Rob McCathie”.
But in the listing

I found this line

gpg: Schlüssel 5C0102A6: "Rob McCathie <korrode@gmail.com>" 7 neue Signaturen

??? normaly the signatures must be OK

The command

give the result

:: Die folgenden Pakete sollten zuerst aktualisiert werden :
    manjaro-system  pacman
:: Möchten Sie den laufenden Prozess abbrechen
:: und diese Pakete nun aktualisieren? [J/n]

So I split this command in three parts

sudo pacman -S pacman

give this result

Löse Abhängigkeiten auf...
Suche nach Zwischenkonflikten...
Fehler: Konnte den Vorgang nicht vorbereiten (Kann Abhängigkeiten nicht erfüllen)
:: package-query: benötigt pacman<4.2

So you have to do it by the following steps

sudo pacman -S manjaro-system
sudo pacman -S pacman
sudo pacman -S bash

This gives me an idea why you have to do the update twice. Perhaps the fault of -S pacman
avoid the execution of -S manjaro-system.

Another attempt. New installation and update with the above shown commands but in the way
to avoid the problems.
The same result with this bad signature from “Rob McCathie”.
I give it up. I do a second run with all the upcomming faults and alerts I didn’t understand to have an updated system. But the confidence in the distri is on a very low level (see the last post from Pete too). Perhaps later I’ll give an other try. Perhaps I can use the distri for testing newbie problems with arch to avoid problems in antergos.
Antergos I come!

One other thing beside the others, you can’t delete “isl” and “cloog”

sudo pacman -R isl cloog

Prüfe Abhängigkeiten...
Fehler: Konnte den Vorgang nicht vorbereiten (Kann Abhängigkeiten nicht erfüllen)
:: gcc: benötigt cloog

and I think cloog depends from isl. This two packages are not updated and to do it via octopi … forget it.
I need a distri to work and not play.

Thanks

[attachment=611]I thought I was out of the woods on this new install last night when the upgrades finished cleanly, but apparently not. Before I tried this install, I downloaded a new ISO, checked the sum, and used Rufus, like the instructions suggest. Followed the “read me” instructions, which didn’t work, then followed all the instructions in this thread. Finally, after the third time I refreshed the keys, I was able to install the updates without errors.

Then, this morning while poking around in the settings, I ran across this screen:
Well, I guess I can’t post a screenshot, I’ll try to attach it. Anyhow, it indicates that the system can’t find KCM_KWALLET, and suggests I remove my orphaned control module. Apparently “something went wrong in my last upgrade.” Well, that’s for sure!

I’m sure the excellent AjSlye can talk me through this one, but is there a way I can check for others, or do I have to wait for them to blow up one at a time? I would just do another fresh install, but I’m not convinced that the results will be any different. I’m sorry if I sound frustrated, but I really like this distro and I want it to work, but right now I can’t trust it on my production machine.

If there is something I can do to check the integrity of the instal, I would be happy to try that. I don’t know if I did the attachment correctly, hope I didn’t screw anything up.

Thanks,

Pete

I would try to reinstall

The KDE Control Module for Kwallet is not installed by default, you’ll need to do as flipper suggested and install it yourself. You can do this by either searching for kdeutils-kwalletmanager in octopi or by issuing this command:

sudo pacman -S kdeutils-kwalletmanager

PS: dd or SuSe Studio Imagewriter are the recommended utilities for writing these ISO images. The Manjaro based ISO’s are hybrid images and need to be written in raw mode, retaining the corect partitioning and filesystem intended by the ISO, they can not be extracted onto any other partitioning or file system scheme like Rufus or unetbootin do.

https://wiki.manjaro.org/index.php?title=Burn_an_ISO_File

Just so I understand. Are you telling me that this is not an error, and that this is the way it looks in a normal installation? If that’s the case, perhaps I DO have a good install here, and I should leave it the heck alone. Is that what you’re saying? I don’t care about the wallet, it’s a pain in the neck on other distros.

Thanks,

Pete

Yes, that is exactly what I’m saying. :slight_smile:

So I went to dl the 32bit Rolling snapshot to checkout in a virtualbox all the fuzz about these updating issues.

[list]
[]downloaded the 2GB snapshot in 5min rato 7MB/s, so no slow torrent
[
]started in the Konsole with sudo pacman-mirrors -g
[*]then sudo pacman -Syy
gave me an error @ syncing coredb

[filip@virtualbox ~]$ sudo pacman -Syy :: Pakket-databases synchroniseren... blueshell 7,9 KiB 0,00B/s 00:00 [##############################] 100% fout:kan bestand 'core.db' niet ophalen van mirror.catn.com : The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found core 133,5 KiB 961K/s 00:00 [##############################] 100% extra 1915,3 KiB 2,76M/s 00:01 [##############################] 100% community 2,8 MiB 3,08M/s 00:01 [##############################] 100%

so I needed to choose my own mirrors to get a correct sync

sudo pacman-mirrors -i

and I took for example the German ones.
now the -Syy went well.

I guess if one repo fails to sync at first start, you get into trouble the next steps updating.

[]sudo rm -R /var/lib/pacman/local/bash-4.3.024-1
no issues
[
]sudo pacman -R isl
couldn’t remove cloog, gcc dependancy

[*]sudo pacman -S bash pacman manjaro-system
no issues

[*] sudo pacman-key --init sudo pacman-key --populate archlinux sudo pacman-key --populate manjaro sudo pacman-key --refresh-keys
no issues

[*]sudo pacman -Su
upgrade OK :cool:

[/list]

Normally I would say Netrunner is THE perfect distro for me, but atm it loses one point because of the steps you need to follow to get the first upgrade right.
You can’t blame Netrunner the expired keys, but I think a ‘refreshed’ snapshot could fix the blame. I hope we don’t have to wait until plasma 5.
Maybe there should be an option to use a fresh Manjaro KDE snapshot and a possibility to implement the Netrunner flavour with a postscript (don’t know if it’s possible)

But if you get behind the update troubles at start, I would recommend Netrunner to use on your daily production machine, as it is really stable and supported by a big and great community.

Thanks AjSlye and Flipper for your responses. I’ve been using Rolling since October, and I’m really impressed, but that doesn’t make me any kind of an expert. At least not in Linux I just got spooked, I guess, but I’m continuing to configure Rolling on my main machine.

Thanks,

Pete

I agree flipper, more frequent snapshot ISO releases is a great Idea, if for no other reason than to keep these kinds of issues to a minimum.

PS: The gcc dependency on cloog and isl were older version, after your up to date these both can be removed, not before. :slight_smile: