upcoming kf5/plasma 5 updates?

I found another problem… when I want to play some wine game and I use my USB DacMagic XS the sound crackles horribly, not a problem if I use “Built-in Audio” …I get this error at least on SWTOR (ALSA lib pcm.c:7843:(snd_pcm_recover) underrun occurred)…it would be fun if changing the sound device would be easier in kde

also it seems “libva-intel-vaapi-driver” is not in your repos

PS. why aren’t u guys at #netrunner-os irc channel?

The alsa underrun sounds like the soundcard or the usb connection isn’t fast enough for the sound. Maybe a pulseaudio issue aswell or a driver issue.
Did you have problems on other distros aswell with the usb soundcard and wine?

As for switching audio devices the old kmix allows you to right click on a stream and choose the audio device to output the stream to.
Not sure about the plasma-volume-widget as it is still in development.

the sound problem is a alsa/pulse one… native games works just fine with my usb dac (its not devices fault)…I remember there was some workaround/fix for pulse to get this work…I don’t remember what OC

where is thunderbird • 31.5.0 and firefox • 36.0 updates??

Here are the instructions for that:

REALLY?! not even firefox and thunderbird are updated to the latest version :huh::exclamation:

this is what I hate about ubuntu based distros, U have to add buttload of PPA’s to get latest apps (or drivers) -_-
I really hope the kf5 rolling version will arrive soon this is just getting unbearable

also that repo does not yet have the latest version

Note no one stops you from installing the official upstream repos.
We don’t ship bleeding edge as just like the name suggests it bleeds and we don’t like bleeding.
Also notice from that link above we ship firefox and thunderbird with plasma adjustments. These adjustments need sometimes updates for newer versions of firefox aswell. So we need to wait until they become ready.
I also don’t see why this should be unbearable. It isn’t a known security risk to use the versions we ship today.