[Update] 2015-11-01

Manjaro 15.09 update-pack 5:

Included in this update was mostly Kernel, Xorg-Server, and QT5 Updates.

Nvidia driver downgraded to 352.55 due known display resolution issues in newer drivers
Catalyst Drivers fixed and now working with linux42

Current supported kernels
Linux310 3.10.92
Linux312 3.12.48
Linux313 3.13.11.29
Linux314 3.14.56
Linux316 3.16.7.19
Linux318 3.18.23
Linux319 3.19.8.9
Linux41 4.1.12
Linux42 4.2.5
Linux43 4.3-rc7 (not recommended for general usage)

This update also includes the usual Archlinux upstream fixes as of Mon Nov. 1, 2015.

You can use Muon Updater, Octopi, or the CLI (command line) to perform this update:

sudo pacman -Syu

Official Manjaro announcement: https://manjaro.github.io/Update-2015-11-01_(stable)/
Official Manjaro forum thread: https://forum.manjaro.org/index.php?topic=27940.0

Ah, I wonder if this might fix the video problems I was talking about here: http://forums.netrunner.com/showthread.php?tid=18265&pid=29727#pid29727

It could be. We were getting weird display issue reports from the more recent drivers coming out of Nvidia on the Manjaro and achlinux forums.

aj my new install of rolling was wiggin out id open start menu what ever ya call it were power an media an all that is anyway some times no words on rite an on left orange ish line like underlineing but thick other times id get words but green boxsfull green on rite were power sleep what ever was rite now i got the 3 boxs the arrow 1/2 circle an power but nothing above it no ghost icon noada up there if you get on G+ id like to talk to ya about it if ya get a min or 2 free thanks eather way

Did you already downgrade the nvidia driver?

i went to 340 driver since this tower wont use the open dirver novu what ever its called 340 worked on the other linuxs ive used so i figured it safe for me but just slowd the problems down is all

Well, there’s only one way to find out :smiley:

As you may remember, I messed around for quite a long time and basically got nowhere, so I binned my “Rolling” installation and moved over to “16”. I propose doing yet another fresh clean “Rolling” install but I’m not quite sure how to proceed to avoid having to mess around again. The way I see it is that I have three options:

[1] Install the OS with the “free” drivers, do a full system update, install the nVidia drivers (don’t think that will work?)
[2] Install the OS with the “free” drivers, install the nVidia drivers, do a full system update
[3] Install the OS with the “non-free” drivers, do a full system update

What do you think?

dont ask me lol im lost on this stuff but i know my tower hates the free open driver so i cant tell ya eather way but wanted to say hello in any event goo luck lol

Hello to you too and I’m pleased to report that my long-standing video issues are now finally fixed by installing the OS with the non-free drivers and then doing a full system update :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I am new to the Manjero side of Netrunner. How often do you update the ISO file that you download to install the rolling edition

We are working on the next one ATM, I’d say typically every 3 month.

Nice :smiley:

sweet