back to Netrunner | back to Blue Systems

Update notifier doesn't refresh

The update icon in the tray still shows updates, even after updating. It will stay that way for days, unless I reboot or log out and back in. It will say I have updates, when I click it it checks and says there are no updates, but it continues to show that I do have updates waiting. Not earth shattering, but kind of annoying since I never really know if I do or not. Hate to log in and out all the time since that crashes Plasma.

That is an upstream issue, we have the same problem in the Rolling Edition, hitting “check for updates” again fixes it.

Ok, but hitting “check for updates” again does not fix it for me. No matter how many times I do it. The only way to clear it for me is to log out and back in.

That is strange, the Ubuntu/Debian version does use a different backend for packagekit though.

Maybe there is a hold package.
Can you check inside a terminal by running

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade
You don’t necessary need to install those updates but it will list hold packages which might be useful.

Does this same issue cause the update app to always show that only milliseconds have passed since the last check for updates? It always says a number in milliseconds no matter how much time has elapsed. Probably would be better to have second granularity versus millisecond also.

I think this is another issue.

I didn’t see anything held.

The following packages will be upgraded: expanding-icons-taskmanager initscripts libssl1.0.0 libssl1.0.0:i386 openssl sysv-rc sysvinit-utils unattended-upgrades 8 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

I can also confirm this.

Is there still no fix for this?