Upgrade from Netrunner 18.03 to 19.01

I have currently on my desktop Netrunner 18.03 with " Continous Updates" activated.

Can I upgrade to Netrunner 19.01 ?
What is the steps to do it ?

Thanks in advance for your advices !

Hi croulibri,

with “testing” you basically have the same package base then as current 19.01. The only things you are missing is the new theming and webapps, but for the base system you do not need to upgrade.

Thanks for your answer !

But indeed, if I look at package such as Thunderbird, I am still at 52.6 and Netrunner backport are even still at 45.8 ! Firefox is also only at 58.0 Netrunner backport are even still at 52.0.

Are you sure I will get all update of Netrunner 19.01 (except theming and webapp) ?

You can always try installing the Firefox and Thunderbird versions from Debian.
In order not to have our packages overwrite (as they have a higher epoch number in front of the actual version number) the Debian ones remove the component plasmazilla from the netrunner.list in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ .
A normal sudo apt update and then using Synaptic to force install the Debian versions they should not be updated again from our repo.

Thanks for the tips.

But so I understand that Netrunner 18.04 with continuous updates is still quite different from fresh 19.01, am I wrong about it ?
Some programs won’t get updated without specific intervention from my side (like Mozilla program), webapps are absent, theming is different.
Could you let us know what other difference I might find ?

Is there a way to “upgrade” to 19.01 in order to benefit from change from Netrunner 19.01 ?
For instance, instead of removing plasmazilla, I would rather like to benefit from “19.01’s plasmazilla”

But so I understand that Netrunner 18.04 with continuous updates is still quite different from fresh 19.01, am I wrong about it ?

Yes our customization packages and our own packages from our repos won’t upgrade. All the rest of the software coming from Debian will however.

Is there a way to “upgrade” to 19.01 in order to benefit from change from Netrunner 19.01 ?
For instance, instead of removing plasmazilla , I would rather like to benefit from “19.01’s plasmazilla”

You can try replacing the netrunner-1803 in netrunner.list with netrunner-desktop-1901 and try upgrading.
But be aware that this is a totally untested method by us. So no guarantees that this will work.