VirtualBox Erro (rc=-1909) [SOLVED]

I reinstalled the Rolling in order to see if I can get rid of a plasma crashing (freezing) problem I’ve been having. The system up-to-date. The issue I face now is that I can’t install my Windows 7 on the VitualBox, which was never a problem before on the same computer- Rolling. Everything has been installed through Octopi, and have activated the vboxusers, root, bin, daemon, sys, adm, tty, dik, lp, mem, kmem, and so on in the KUser.

Here’s the error message:
VirtualBox - Error in suplibOsinit
Kernel driver not intalled (rc =-1908)
The VirtualBox Linux kernel driver (vboxdrv) is either not loaded or there is a permission problem with /dev/vboxdrv.
‘pacman -S virtualbox-host-modules’
as root. If you don’t use our stock kernel, install virtualbox-host-dkms an execute kdms autointall.

I have installed the “virtualbox-host-dkms”, and if I type the “pacman -S virtualbox-host-modules” in the terminal -> I get an error: you cannot perform this operation unless you are root.
I am really stuck. Please help! :frowning:

You can Ignore those warnings. Since you are running Netrunner Rolling (Manjaro) the virtualbox-host-modules are already in the repositories for you to install for your running kernel:

linux38-virtualbox-host-modules
linux310-virtualbox-host-modules
linux311-virtualbox-host-modules
linux312-virtualbox-host-modules
linux313-virtualbox-host-modules
linux314-virtualbox-host-modules
linux315-virtualbox-host-modules
linux316-virtualbox-host-modules

In your case it’s probably linux310-virtualbox-host-modules

sudo pacman -S linux310-virtualbox-host-modules

[hr]
When I reinstalled the new iso, the default kernel installed by the system was 3.14.17-1. In any case I removed the wrong one, and installed the correct one, and it works fine now. So I’m back in business.

Thanks as always, you’re the best! :slight_smile:

Your always welcome.