WARNING! Recent Update may break OS's with nvidia video cards.

After upgrading another laptop, I now get this error message after rebooting system;

could not start kdeinit5 check your installation

Have you run sudo apt install -f on this system to see if maybe a package is broken.

No broken packages & requested to autoremove. After running autoremove the system boots to tty1.

So you blindly executed apt-get autoremove withouth taking a look what it will remove?
If it listed plasma-workspace or plasma-desktop you should not have proceed.

So try installing netrunner-desktop again and plasma-desktop + plasma-workspace again.

Blindly no, foolishly yes. desktop fails to install due to unmet dependencies.

Can you give me the exact error message then I could help you reinstalling it.

There’s a long list of;
Depends: (lots of packages) but is not going to be installed.
Recommends: (lots of packages) but is not going to be installed.
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

sudo apt install -f shows no problems.

after running the update command I’m not seeing the debian testing repo (might have turned it off due to the current issue with breeze packages.)
Active repos are;
netrunner 20170530 snapshot
netrunner-1706
netrunner-backports

Ah.Why do you have netrunner-backports activated when debian testing is disabled?
This would explain things, as netrunner-backports is basing on debian testing like said once before.
So it needs debian testing to install the plasma-desktop and stuff.

okay, back to this error: could not start kdeinit5 check your installation
sudo apt install -f;
libprotobuf10 libqt5clucene5 are no longer required. Use “sudo apt autoremove” to remove them.

$startkde $DISPLAY is not set or cannot connect to the x server

Without Xorg started you cannot start kde plasma.

So did you managed to reinstall the desktop?

I ran apt autoremove, then this command to install the kde desktop;

sudo apt-get install --install-recommends plasma-desktop netrunner-desktop

[attachment=1092]

Maybe bugs* in the update package(s) for this system: Lenovo Z570 i7 NVIDIA GeForce GT 520M / Intel HD Graphics 2000 - 2 GB - are causing the issue?

[code]kdeinit5: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libGL.so.1: undefined symbol: _glapi_tls_Current

glxinfo: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libGL.so.1: undefined symbol: _glapi_tls_Current[/code]

KDE-desktop now starts, after I installed libglvnd0 and reinstalled bumblebee-nvidia primus.