Web Site Blocking

Have just installed NetRunnerSE for evaluation. Attempts to use Firefox to connect with frequently used websites (have
been running Kubuntu for many years) are being blocked with a note saying that my IP is registered as a known
spammer by Project Honey Pot. The reported spamming IP it not always the same. Is this a security problem in
NetRunner?
Tuxford

I guess it is not from netrunner distro i am using it maybe for a month never seen this error before , i have searched for your situation and i guess its from the websites itself something called Spammer plugin.

Thanks Dexter. I have not seen anyone else on this Forum reporting the problem, so will
keep on looking.

Netrunner SE uses Tor maybe the forum is blocking IPs known from the Tor network. That would be too bad, but for Spamming I can understand this somehow as spammers could use Tor nodes as a anonymous hideout.
For this forums I would suggest deactivating the Tor FoxyProxy proxy. You can even set a rule for this domain not to be run through Tor.

Your supposition is correct leszek. Have been talking with the webmaster
of a site I use often, and they are using Honey Pot to prevent Spam problems.
The IP’s that were identified in my test attempts were in their blacklist.

He commented that some organisations are blacklisting Tor nodes because
of the type of some messages being handled by Tor. If this is correct, then
projects like Honey Pot could result in the failure of Tor as a useful system.
Tuxford.

He commented that some organisations are blacklisting Tor nodes because
of the type of some messages being handled by Tor. If this is correct, then
projects like Honey Pot could result in the failure of Tor as a useful system.
Tuxford.

Or perhaps the death of those web sites as people are taking their privacy more seriously lately.