What am I missing with an updated Rolling 2017.07

I installed my system in July last year and kept it updated on each stable update.
Now when I’m two isos behind I’m wondering if I’m missing something. :slight_smile:

I have installed the most recent iso in virtualbox and the only thing that stood out was the change from Octopi to Discover, or did I do that by myself?

So, I guess my question is, what do I gain from reinstalling a fully functional system?

…and thank you, I really do enjoy my NRR. :heart:

Hi trixon,

other than a new base theme, the gtk CSD decoration integration, it is mostly the updated packages.
So for new users, the installed system needs less updates as if installing an older ISO.
That is true for most rolling distros i assume.
So if you needn’t the theme adjustments, the base OS experience should be almost identical.

Most changes and updates in Netrunner Rolling are performed automatically during updates, however there are a few things that are not, and would require manual changes (if desired).

The Netrunner Rolling theme was updated automatically and pulled in the new wallpaper as well. So in realty, the only thing needing to be done would be to apply the new wallpaper manual (if desired), or to select “use layout” in the theme dialog and reapply the theme. Keep in mind doing the latter will also reset your panel, wallpaper, and system tray to the Netrunner defaults.

We replaced gtk3 with gtk3-classic, and firefox with firefox-kde-opensuse (patched for better plasma integration, and global menu support).

We also now ship the ISO with the firefox-integration package installed (available in the repositories) as well as apply the plasma-browser-integration extension (available under /usr/lib/firefox/distribution/extensions/, or via the Firefox addons site).

We’ve also added the appimagelauncher package (available in the repositories).

If I think of any other changes since the 2017.07 ISO that may need to be done manually, I’ll post them here.

Thank you both!

Yes, one of the things I noticed in my virtual installation was the lack of CSD.
I just installed gtk-nocsd on my current install so now I’m good, no need to re-install. :slight_smile:

I’m glad we were able to help.
Could you please add (SOLVED) to the original thread tittle so that it’s easier to find for others with the same issue.
Thanks in advance…