Boot Failure After Update

nothing happens.

I don’t know man, It’s like 10:00 pm here and I need to go get some sleep.
One last thing to try before I head off to bed:

ln -s /usr/lib/systemd/system/sddm.service /etc/systemd/system/ sudo systemctl enable sddm

I understand, hope you understand what happened to me yesterday. Since yesterday evening 17:00 am I doing with your system rum, all night and again tonight … or about 20 hours.

Your command has unfortunately also brought nothing.

Now I do not go on.

Something else…

Kubuntu warns to use the backport of KDE 5.5.3, there are still too many errors and immature.

[code]sudo ln -s /usr/lib/systemd/system/sddm.service /etc/systemd/system/
gerhard@gerhard-desktop:~$ sudo systemctl enable sddm
Synchronizing state of sddm.service with SysV init with /lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install…
Executing /lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install enable sddm
The unit files have no [Install] section. They are not meant to be enabled
using systemctl.
Possible reasons for having this kind of units are:

1. A unit may be statically enabled by being symlinked from another unit’s
    .wants/ or .requires/ directory.
  2. A unit’s purpose may be to act as a helper for some other unit which has
    a requirement dependency on it.
  3. A unit may be started when needed via activation (socket, path, timer,
    D-Bus, udev, scripted systemctl call, …).
    [/code]

you will not believe it worked, but unfortunately flickers your Netrunner Logo again, but plasma start there.

now is only the question of what to do with X.org.log … it does not seem to give me.

Yea, it seems sudo systemctl enable sddm isn’t necessary fixing the missing symlink.

I’m not sure why plymouth would be flickering, that’s a different issue.

at least we managed a, the other we create certainly, some like :slight_smile:

So you, you’ll go to sleep and recover you well!
I thank you that you have done you so much time and effort have made for me. THANK YOU!
What I can do, sometimes completely reinstall Netrunner without the Mesa driver, see what happens.

LOL, is this what your seeing with plymouth?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jDkEEjb0qA&feature=youtu.be

yes I see and the Netrunner flickers

What do you get with:

sudo systemctl status -l plymouth-start.service

unfortunately I have to say that sddm not work again, come back to tty1 purely … unfortunately seems to have only 1x works.

[code] plymouth-start.service - Show Plymouth Boot Screen
Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/plymouth-start.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: inactive (dead) since Mo 2016-03-21 02:32:18 CET; 2min 43s ago
Process: 370 ExecStartPost=/bin/plymouth show-splash (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
Process: 343 ExecStart=/sbin/plymouthd --mode=boot --pid-file=/run/plymouth/pid --attach-to-session (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

Mär 21 02:32:18 gerhard-desktop systemd[1]: Starting Show Plymouth Boot Screen…
Mär 21 02:32:18 gerhard-desktop systemd[1]: Started Show Plymouth Boot Screen.
[/code]

I don’t know, this seems to have something to do with sddm, systemd and plymouth not working correctly with each other, but I can’t be sure. The only thing that seems certain is that something is definitely broken somewhere. I’ll look at this some more tomorrow. For now I’d say downgrade sddm and hold that package back from updating.

just as I take out the update and how do I prevent that update to sddm 0:13?

You can use this to me step by step to explain briefly?

Using apt:

sudo apt-mark hold sddm

There are more ways listed here:
http://askubuntu.com/questions/18654/how-to-prevent-updating-of-a-specific-package

super thank you!

I’ll set up the system, the kernel only to 4.4.5 update as LTS and NOT make Mesa update. Let’s see what will come out

So you, and you go to bed, you need sleep :slight_smile:

Yes, yes I do. :wink:

wherein, via Synaptic I gave it back to update while it was installed me

I can afford it at the moment because I have become unfortunately unemployed and can make the next through, so have a real installation perform orgy * hahaha * :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

my poor SSD … if not smokes me by :dodgy: :smiley:

but I have enough liquid for e-cigarette (Pipeline Pro 2 Plus, Svoemesto Kayfun 4) so it will evaporate in the apartment * hahaha * :smiley: