Is it possible to update or install anything in Netrunner?

Starting full system upgrade… :: intel-dri: requires mesa=10.1.0 :: lib32-intel-dri: requires lib32-mesa=10.1.0. OK. How is this resolved?

Following this thread gives me conflicts and it aborts. Is it possible to update this distro???

(11th October 2014 13:02)AJSlye Wrote: Manjaro 0.8.10 Update pack 11
Lots of major system updates, changes and bug fixes with this release, you will need to reboot your system after the updates are completed.

The command line is required for this update, Octopi will not work.
Open a terminal window and use the following two commands:
Code:
sudo pacman -S manjaro-system pacman
sudo pacman -Syu

Of course it’s possible to update the system.

mesa-dri is a new package that replaces ati-dri, intel-dri, nouveau-dri & svga-dri.

This should have been handled semi-automatically with user input, but you may need to update your repository database first.

sudo pacman -Syy sudo pacman -S manjaro-system pacman sudo pacman -Su
Please remember to hit Y when asked to replace any packages.

If you still get an error remove intel-dri first then run the commands above:

sudo pacman -R intel-dri

[

Ok this is what I get.

Synchronizing package databases…
blueshell 20.5 KiB 49.9K/s 00:00 [###########################] 100%
core 128.1 KiB 50.0K/s 00:03 [###########################] 100%
extra 1874.2 KiB 95.8K/s 00:20 [###########################] 100%
community 2.5 MiB 127K/s 00:20 [###########################] 100%
multilib 133.7 KiB 52.1K/s 00:03 [###########################] 100%
[d@d ~]$ sudo pacman -S manjaro-system pacman
warning: manjaro-system-20141002-1 is up to date – reinstalling
warning: pacman-4.1.2-7 is up to date – reinstalling
resolving dependencies…
looking for inter-conflicts…

Packages (2): manjaro-system-20141002-1 pacman-4.1.2-7

Total Installed Size: 5.02 MiB
Net Upgrade Size: 0.00 MiB

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n] y
(2/2) checking keys in keyring [###########################] 100%
(2/2) checking package integrity [###########################] 100%
(2/2) loading package files [###########################] 100%
(2/2) checking for file conflicts [###########################] 100%
(2/2) checking available disk space [###########################] 100%
(1/2) reinstalling pacman [###########################] 100%
(2/2) reinstalling manjaro-system [###########################] 100%
==> Fix btrfs-progs …
resolving dependencies…
looking for inter-conflicts…
:: lzo and lzo2 are in conflict. Remove lzo2? [y/N] error: unresolvable package conflicts detected
error: failed to prepare transaction (conflicting dependencies)

:: lzo and lzo2 are in conflict
[d@d ~]$ sudo pacman -R intel-dri
checking dependencies…
error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
:: lib32-intel-dri: requires intel-dri
:: xf86-video-intel: requires intel-dri

After taking another look at your posts lzo2 should not even be installed, Mesa should be version 10.03 not 10.10, etc.
Neither mesa 10.10 or lzo2 even exist in Manjaro unstable.
What exactly are you trying to do?

I`m trying to do a simple update. Just downloaded the iso ran pacman -Sy, then Syu.

I: Synchronizing package databases...
 blueshell is up to date
 core is up to date
 extra is up to date
 community is up to date
 multilib is up to date
:: Starting full system upgrade...
:: Replace glamor-egl with extra/xorg-server? [Y/n] y
:: Replace grantlee with extra/grantlee-qt4? [Y/n] y
:: Replace icedtea-web-java7 with extra/icedtea-web? [Y/n] y
:: Replace intel-dri with extra/mesa-dri? [Y/n] y
:: Replace kactivities with extra/kactivities4? [Y/n] y
:: Replace kdenetwork-kdnssd with extra/kdenetwork-zeroconf-ioslave? [Y/n] y
:: Replace lib32-intel-dri with multilib/lib32-mesa-dri? [Y/n] y
:: Replace lib32-mesa-libgl with core/mhwd? [Y/n] y
:: Replace lib32-mesa-libgl with core/mhwd-dev? [Y/n] y
:: Replace libreoffice-base with extra/libreoffice-still-base? [Y/n] y
:: Replace libreoffice-calc with extra/libreoffice-still-calc? [Y/n] y
:: Replace libreoffice-common with extra/libreoffice-still-common? [Y/n] y
:: Replace libreoffice-draw with extra/libreoffice-still-draw? [Y/n] y
:: Replace libreoffice-en-US with extra/libreoffice-still-en-US? [Y/n] y
:: Replace libreoffice-gnome with extra/libreoffice-still-gnome? [Y/n] y
:: Replace libreoffice-impress with extra/libreoffice-still-impress? [Y/n] y
:: Replace libreoffice-kde4 with extra/libreoffice-still-kde4? [Y/n] y
:: Replace libreoffice-math with extra/libreoffice-still-math? [Y/n] y
:: Replace libreoffice-postgresql-connector with extra/libreoffice-still-postgresql-connector? [Y/n] y
:: Replace libreoffice-sdk with extra/libreoffice-still-sdk? [Y/n] y
:: Replace libreoffice-sdk-doc with extra/libreoffice-still-sdk-doc? [Y/n] y
:: Replace libreoffice-writer with extra/libreoffice-still-writer? [Y/n] y
:: Replace lzo2 with core/lzo? [Y/n] y
:: Replace mesa-libgl with core/mhwd? [Y/n] y
:: Replace mesa-libgl with core/mhwd-dev? [Y/n] y
:: Replace mhwd-nvidia-legacy with core/mhwd-nvidia-304xx? [Y/n] y
:: Replace phonon-gstreamer with extra/phonon-qt4-gstreamer? [Y/n] y
:: Replace phonon-gstreamer with extra/phonon-qt5-gstreamer? [Y/n] y
:: Replace polkit-qt with extra/polkit-qt4? [Y/n] y
:: Replace pycups with extra/python2-pycups? [Y/n] y
:: Replace pysmbc with extra/python2-pysmbc? [Y/n] y
:: Replace shared-color-profiles with extra/colord? [Y/n] y
resolving dependencies...
looking for inter-conflicts...
error: unresolvable package conflicts detected
error: failed to prepare transaction (conflicting dependencies)
:: mhwd and mhwd-dev are in conflict

Just for future reference, if your going to post long strings of output in your post’s, could you please use a code box so that the forums anti spamming measures do not automatically flag and suspend your account. There is also no need to use profanity, I was not trying to be rude to you, I’d appreciate you’re not becoming rude with me. I do apologize for the fact that I was mistaken about the mesa version numbers, I read 10.10 and you actually posted 10.1.0.

Now that you posted more of the output your getting, I can tell that it appears as if you may have accidentally downloaded and installed your system with the older 2014.04 ISO, unfortunately on a rolling release system like this one, the older the install media the more issues there will be with updating it to a current state. May I suggest that you download the Latest (currently 2014.09.1) ISO and re-install using it instead.

I’m afraid to do this update. I tried it once and it messed stuff up so bad I didn’t know how to fix it. So I had to re-install the iso. It broke OCTOPI - no GUI to enter credentials. KONSOLE had no shell. YAQUAKE opened but I didn’t know what to do at that point, stuff was too broken. It destroyed SAMBA, SAMBA SERVER CONFIGURATION wouldn’t open and SMB4K couldn’t find a WORKGROUP even though smb.conf was configured correctly. Any suggestions on how to update here? I’m satisfied as is, but I’m a stickler for doing updates.

Normally an update shouldn’t break anything that severe.
But it can happen occassionally on a bleeding edge rolling release (or general rolling release) that software might break. However occassionally does not mean in that way you describe.

What you experienced in the past was a packaging error introduced by us that made octopi install the bash update two times and failed the second time causing this particular issue.
As we analyzed the issue thoroughtly we are eager not to let this issue happen in the future anymore.

So in general I would recomend you to use regulary backups (despite upgrading issues this might be a generally good idea to do) and you can use the posted commands to upgrade safely. So don’t be afraid :wink:

I’m sorry to hear that you had all those issues, a lot of the issues you described were caused by an interim update of some Netrunner specific packages from the blueshell repository itself, and were not part of a base system update as this one is, this should also not happen again as future updates to those packages should be more sane.

Just to let you know that not running the updates as they are released on a rolling distribution like this one is actually more damaging in the long run than not doing them, especially from a security and update reliability standpoint.

As long as you did your new install with the latest ISO, and perform all the updates as they are released then you should not have any issues with your system, however, if for some reason you did re-install your system with the older 2014.04 ISO, then be sure not to update netrunnerarch-default-settings, netrunnerarch-systemsettings-settings or the netrunnerarch-artwork packages at the moment because from what I can tell they have not been updated with fixed version yet.

My iso is 2014.09.1. I was able to do the updates without any issue using Manjaro 8.10. I’m going to stay there for a bit until KDE Plasma 5 is out and stable. All my important stuff is backed up in Dropbox so re-installs are a breeze. I have the steps for each Distro I try recorded to paper for future use. I’m retired and have nothing else to do. :D. Do I do anything constructive? Nah, playing around until I break something is what I do. :)))))

[quote=“Chief, post:10, topic:2715”]

[quote=“AJSlye, post:9, topic:2715”]
I’m sorry to hear that you had all those issues, a lot of the issues you described were caused by an interim update of some Netrunner specific packages from the blueshell repository itself, and were not part of a base system update as this one is, this should also not happen again as future updates to those packages should be more sane.

Just to let you know that not running the updates as they are released on a rolling distribution like this one is actually more damaging in the long run than not doing them, especially from a security and update reliability standpoint.

As long as you did your new install with the latest ISO, and perform all the updates as they are released then you should not have any issues with your system, however, if for some reason you did re-install your system with the older 2014.04 ISO, then be sure not to update netrunnerarch-default-settings, netrunnerarch-systemsettings-settings or the netrunnerarch-artwork packages at the moment because from what I can tell they have not been updated with fixed version yet.
I’m one to never let a dead horse lay. :)))) I really like this NETRUNNER so I went back and looked harder. BASH was the key to it all. I didn’t read the README the first time through. I did this time and everything was successful. I updated BASH, the PACMAN database, and all packages using a terminal session. :rolleyes:

Oh OK, you mean this one: http://www.netrunner-os.com/readme-1408/

Ooops, there I go again, assuming that everyone reads the readme file that is on the desktop of their newly installed system, LOL.

:wink:

Yup, that’s the one :smiley:

Here is the readme from the original release of Netrunner Rolling (2014.04):
http://www.netrunner-os.com/readme-arch/

Had to reinstall, did something dumb, don’t ask :)))))) Started the terminal upgrade session and got to the keys and this happened
Import PGP key 4096R/AC97B894, “Ramon Buldó ramon@manjaro.org”, created: 2014-09-28? [Y/n] n
error: required key missing from keyring

Can’t go no further with or without it. :huh: Who the H is ramon and why isn’t his key in the keyring?

I don’t like doing this, but I set the Signal Level to Never aand will try again.

I wish I could make my some of my posts sticky so I could make one post and refer back to it easily, anyway. The keys change sometimes and the fixes are usually mentioned in update-pack forum threads.

If you have issues with Alexandru Ianu’s (Ayceman) signature, try this:

sudo pacman-key -r 604F8BA2
sudo pacman-key --lsign-key 604F8BA2

If you have issues with Ramon Buldo’s (kirek) signature, try this:

sudo pacman-key -r AC97B894
sudo pacman-key --lsign-key AC97B894

If you have issues with Artoo’s signature (for now this only has a chance of affecting OpenRC users), try this:

sudo pacman-key -r 5DCB998E
sudo pacman-key --lsign-key 5DCB998E

Signal Level = Never didn’t fix it, but I did fix it. I had no LAN during the install. Thought the ONBOARD LAN was broken. TIGER DIRECT is five minutes away so I got a NIC after the install. I got a connection sort of before installing the NIC and tried the pacman update, BASH fix went okay so I figured the pacman update would too. It didn’t. Then I noticed that the power light was off on my router. :-/ Power connection was loose :@ Started over and I’m back in business.

I screwed up by following some instructions to install Plasma 5. Ought to be stable by now. Long story short, the instructions didn’t work but they wiped out some KDE4 files making a lot of stuff not work. :frowning: :smiley:

I thought I would tack this on here, but if directed I will start a new thread.

I was quite excited to jump into netrunner as the live environment appeared to be the first up to date release I tried which supported my ugly Intel/ATI Radeon 7690 mobility combo straight out of the box with the bumblebee driver.

Desktop performance with the livecd + initial install was such that I believe the ATI card must have been engaged/ gears worked fine.

I read the desktop readme file and followed the instructions to update the distro, which resulted in the conversion of ati-driver and intel-driver to mesa as described earlier in this thread as well as the successful update of all system software!

Looking good so far!

Of course, on reboot after the update there is a horrific crash with entirely too many RIP, RSP, RAX, RDX things for me to type out, some reference to RIP evergreen_bandwidth_update+0x4b/ 0x110 [radeon] and up top, bug: unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at 0000000000000060.

and does not even go back to command line.

Bit of a shame. Going to re-install back to livecd release as this was working fine but I’m not comfortable using something I can’t update.

A quick update:

Before I went through the hassle of reinstalling, I unplugged the HDMI cable output to my 2nd monitor and rebooted.

This time, everything booted smoothly. I then plugged the HDMI back in and reconfigured.

The only problem that remains is that the resolution of my 2nd monitor when cloned, now overrules the resolution of my laptop screen meaning the taskbar is off the screen and a large portion of the desktop cannot be seen on the laptop screen.

I usually don’t suggest using clone if the resolution on one screen is going to look bad on the other, the laptop screen can be forced to use a bigger resolution than native, but then you’ll need to scroll it with the mouse, kind of like a magnifying glass. clone should only be used on two monitors with the same native resolution. My recomendations would be to set the HDMI to a mode the TV can handle and disable the laptop screen, or set them both to their best resolution and have them independent.

I believe both cards have access. It is running on whatever the desktop runs by default.

I’m fairly happy with the screen configuration utility but at present I have no ability to configure or choose details of my config.

Eg. Judging by video quality I’m pretty sure my intel card is being used to render video. I’d really like to be able to use the ATI card for as much as possible, for obvious reasons.

Any tips here? Is there a GUI config utility at all?