First make sure your system is up-to-date and current, if this is to be done on a fresh install follow my guide here first:
Move the blueshell repository to the bottom of your pacman.conf file right before custom.
I strongly recommend using octopi version 0.6.0 or higher repository editor for this.
Update your system:
sudo pacman -Syyu
- Remove the Netrunner specific and depreciated packages:
sudo pacman -R netrunnerarch-artwork netrunnerarch-systemsettings-settings netrunnerarch-default-settings netrunner-desktop kcm-sddm-git kcm-about-distro
Note: if you already moved or removed the blueshell repository from your pacman,conf file then change kcm-about-distro to kcm-about-distro-kde4 in the above command.
- Remove everything that depends on kdebase-workspace:
sudo pacman -Rdd $(LANG=C pacman -Qi kdebase-workspace | grep "Req" | sed -e 's/Required By : //g')
5: Remove kdebase-workspace:
sudo pacman -R kdebase-workspace
- Install the Plasma 5 desktop:
sudo pacman -S plasma-meta kimageformats breeze-kde4 oxygen-kde4 kmix print-manager sddm-kcm
- Install system tray icon and notification support for gtk+ and qt4 applications:
sudo pacman -S sni-qt libindicator-gtk2 libindicator-gtk3 libappindicator-gtk2 libappindicator-gtk3 libappindicator-sharp lib32-sni-qt lib32-libindicator lib32-libappindicator
- Re-install needed Netrunner Rolling specific packages:
sudo pacman -Sdd netrunnerarch-systemsettings-settings netrunnerarch-default-settings netrunner-desktop
sudo pacman -Sdd netrunnerarch-artwork --force
- Fix for QT4 / kdelibs4 based apps to use the proper theme:
select the same theme here as selected for plasma 5
(the system default setting here will not work properly and default to Oxygen)
- Fix for QT4 / kdelibs4 based apps to use the proper icon set:
select the same icon set here as selected for plasma 5.
- Add in the extra Octopi tools (System Tray Notifier, Pacman Helper, Repository Editor and Cache Cleaner):
sudo pacman -S octopi-notifier-frameworks octopi-pacmanhelper octopi-repoeditor octopi-cachecleaner
Note: Some theme and artwork adjustments will need to be made after the upgrade to Plasma 5. Also the veromix package installed originally is not compatible with Framework 5, you’ll should remove this as well.
If you run into any issues using this tutorial, please post them in this thread.