Netrunner 13.06 RC

I checked on the same configuration kubuntu 13.04. System setting is completely in french and the menu is much more complete. There is clearly a problem in the configuration of netrunner 13.06 (at least on the 64 bit).
SM

smoreau:
Thanks for testing this!
We are looking into this and about to find a solution.

Many thanks for your interest.
Just to show you the effect, 2 captures from 1212 and 1306

smoreau:
I think we have it pretty much fixed.
Some very few Settings options stay in english, because there are no translations yet,
as we have regrouped them and no one has made any translations other than english yet (example phonon now is Audio).
But those are like the exception, most all other retain their name and just change Grouping.

Thanks, clearly KDE 4.10.3 under Netrunner 12.12 exhibit much more translated menu than Netrunner 13.06. I understand that you have modified the group of the various setting, that’s a rather good idea because the original grouping is often confusing.

:shy:

• as I mention on beta test ASUS laptop have no brightness adjusting popup window. I think I’ve found why
    xev not detect those Fn buttons. But brightness adjustable then press on buttons as well as power management.

Unable to downlaod RC2, downloadspeed = 0
SM

smoreau: try again, sometimes its just all slots taken on the http backup server when nobody keeps seeding…

So I checked RC2. All is OK for me, easy to setup, i will move my mageia desktop to Netrunner. Fine job.
Thanks to all.
:slight_smile:
SM

Greeting…

I tried the netrunner RC2.

1. Installed on Dell desktop, it runs OK.
    The missing ‘coretemp’ reading (reported in beta) is now working.
    thank you very much :slight_smile:

here is the image
http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/5248/snapshot1ie.png

I used Setting>>driver manager, and choose fglrx to install onto this HD5450 ATI graphic.

[quote]wayne@netrunner1306:~$ inxi -G
Graphics: Card: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI Cedar [Radeon HD 5000/6000/7350 Series]
X.Org: 1.13.3 drivers: ati,fglrx (unloaded: fbdev,vesa,radeon) Resolution: 1600x900@60.0hz
GLX Renderer: ATI Radeon HD 5450 GLX Version: 4.2.11986 - CPC[/quote]

It seems to install OK, no reported issue.

upon reboot,

on terminal, information show while fglrx was installed, fgl_glxgears show much slower than usual ( something like around 800 fps versus 1100-1300fps on several other installations)

[quote]
wayne@netrunner1306:~$ fglrxinfo
display: :0 screen: 0
OpenGL vendor string: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
OpenGL renderer string: ATI Radeon HD 5450
OpenGL version string: 4.2.11986 Compatibility Profile Context

wayne@netrunner1306:~$ fgl_glxgear
fgl_glxgear: command not found
wayne@netrunner1306:~$ fgl_glxgears
Using GLX_SGIX_pbuffer
3989 frames in 5.0 seconds = 797.800 FPS
4144 frames in 5.0 seconds = 828.800 FPS
3913 frames in 5.0 seconds = 782.600 FPS
3841 frames in 5.0 seconds = 768.200 FPS[/quote]

On terminal, could not display GPU temp:

[quote]wayne@netrunner1306:~$ aticonfig --odgt
aticonfig: No supported adapters detected

root@netrunner1306:/home/wayne# aticonfig --odgt
aticonfig: No supported adapters detected

wayne@netrunner1306:~$ inxi -s

Sensors: System Temperatures: cpu: 40.0C mobo: N/A
Fan Speeds (in rpm): cpu: 945 fan-2: 804 [/quote]

In addition, not shown in the image as attached link.
There is a water mark “AMD unsupported hardware” at lower right hand corner of the screen.

It seems fglrx installation was not complete…

What should I do to get fglrx fully installed?
[hr]
This is another computer.

AMD cpu, Legacy AMD graphic[quote]
Graphics: Card: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI RS690 [Radeon X1200]
X.org: 1.13.3 drivers: ati,radeon (unloaded: fbdev,vesa) tty size: 77x28 Advanced Data: N/A for root [/quote]

So far test are all OK :slight_smile:

Not yet tried legacy-fglrx yet.

Read somewhere that fglrx-legacy cannot be installed due to xorg version is higher…

How do I install fglrx-legacy for this older graphic card?

Just installed 13 and already have problems.

Tried to start synaptic to upgrade and this is the error I got:

E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run ‘sudo dpkg --configure -a’ to correct the problem.
E: _cache->open() failed, please report.

After doing this, I got more dependencies not met.

Installed RC2 with Startup Disk Creator, updated, added xorg edgers ppa via Software Sources,installed latest Nvidia driver 319.23 via Driver Manager
**(KDEInit could not launch ‘usr/bin/nvidia settings’). It was not installed with driver, so I installed nvidia settings via synaptic.
Installed Smaragd, libemerald engine,and emerald .debs
** emerald broken so removed.
Added netrunner enigma-testing ppa and installed emerald via synaptic.
All good

I’ve checked all the other distributions including Windows and Apple and this is definitely the the best PC OS/Distribution on this planet. :smiley:

And how did THIS comment help me in my problem? This thread is for support, not your childish remarks!

I’m just trying to give our developers some encouragement.
I see Netrunner does not seem to be working for you, have you ever thought of moving to another distribution…?

OK, can you be specific on what problems you have?

And this is not a final release, it’s an RC - bugs are to be expected - if you want to help the developers write in this thread what your issues are, so that you ca get some objective answers.

About the updating issues - you need to know exactly what you are updating - some of those packages are not made by developers on this site. One friend of mine just wanted to update (just “because”, not that he had any issues) his 12.1.12 NetRunner and had some issues: the thing is “if it ain’t broken, don’t fix it”.

Wow… you just don’t quit! You don’t make comments like that in a SUPPORT thread.
[hr]

DID YOU READ MY ORIGINAL POST?? Man… the morons around here!!

Guys, how can I update to 13.06? Or should I wait for the release?

You will stop with the name calling right there. Just because nobody gave an answer to your question (your “highness”) right away, it doesn’t mean nobody cares. Also, I believe you will be given an answer by the developers when they see fit. You are nothing more but a user here and if you’re that desperate to insult others to get your answers, then it’s really your own problem.

Hi Pinstripe,

we will have a look into this.
Did you check md5sum is okay? Which version do you use 64 or 32bit?