Netrunner 13.06 RC

You should definetely wait for 13.06 official.

Replaced my Mageia desktop with Netrunner-os RC2. The only problems I had were 1.) the check media feature spun the disk up for about 3 min but did not give any report on the media, 2.) after the install on first reboot the cd was ejected, but the system did not restart after pressing enter, had to power down the machine. After that all has worked as it should.

Good job starbuck and developers.

Ralph

Any chance improve work with multi monitors on laptop?
I’ve save profile in KDE Screen setup, and after use Fn keys I can’t select it. Also may be will very nice have kind of manager for external screens profiles. For laptop case you mostly have to use it with different screens, After connect you configure everything but after disconnect only one thing remembered for second screen its wallpaper :). Will nice have something like NetworkManager, but for screens.

If firefox is opened after a webapp has been opened then it’ll start as a tab in the webapp window and won’t show an addressbar or anything. It should be started as a separate session.

clod_D:
Yes, we tried everything to make that work, but after having one webapp open in “prism” mode, firefox refuses to initiate another process and complains process already running.
If you know of any reliable mode to make webapps open in their own instances without interrfering with another openend webapp or normal firefox, that be very much appreciated!
Also, the Marketplace webapps have their own method of using yet another firefox instance, that unfortunately (or intentionally) disables all thrid party addons like adblocker and does not allow right click etc.
So in the long run, we try to hamrnoize all those modes into one completely customizable and seamless integration with full adblock and power of firefox addons.

Can’t find Usb image maker, was this left out.
Its not available for download either.

Using 13.06 rc2 for about a week now, everything working great so far, dual boot with windows 7, use samba to stream movies off my ntfs formatted drives to my networked media player, Only thing not working right is kde date and time control module will not not let me set a time server and keep the correct time? Any ideas how to correct this?

UPDATE:
found fix on blospot, tech lore by igor: Kudos for Kubuntu 13.04

“I concluded that New York time actually is broken, although whether this issue will impact all Kubuntu users I can’t say, because this problem may be fall-out related to the error reports I mentioned above. Once I changed the time zone to Louisville, Kentucky Eastern Time, all was well.”

Thanks IGOR

Driver manager and RC2

I tried to add the nvidia proprietary driver for my GEForce 210, but the driver manager seems unable to detect it and allow to set any Nvidia driver.
How to get it work ?

Thanks for the suggestions

SM

[quote=“smoreau, post:49, topic:1038”]
Driver manager and RC2 [/quote]

Solved ! I installed ubuntu-drivers-common. All is OK
Should this package be put in 13.06 final !

SM

Hi,
Thanks for your hard work.
I installed 13.06 RC2 and found some problems:

1. When I change the default application for something (I tried changing the default media player for mp3 files), the change is not saved, defaults can’t be changed right now.
  2. “My Computer” icon opens Konqueror (and Konqueror doesn’t mount my other partitions when I press on their links), while most other shortcuts (Network shortcut on the desktop and the file manager icon besides the main menu -between krunner and Firefox, where Quick Launch is in Windows) opens Dolphin, I think there should be consistency about what is the default file manager is.
    [hr]
    Firefox has some problems too:
  3. Firefox->History->Show all history shows nothing, if thtere is text it is the same color of the background (not visible).
  4. Right-click and open link in new tab opens new tab AND changes to it, instead of opening it in the background.

I suggest shipping pure Firefox, it is better than this “modified” version (no need for KDE customizations, it looks fine)

[quote]Driver manager and RC2

Solved ! I installed ubuntu-drivers-common. All is OK
Should this package be put in 13.06 final !
[/quote]

Apparently Nvidia driver are installed, activated but not in use. That’s strange my Nvidia GE Force 210 is indicated as using intel driver (my Computer). Nevertheless the graphic card is working normally !

SM

Apparently Nvidia driver are installed, activated but not in use. That’s strange my Nvidia GE Force 210 is indicated as using intel driver (my Computer). Nevertheless the graphic card is working normally !
[/quote]

Some improvement with :
sudo nvidia-xconfig
nvidia driver is now in use, and a xorg.conf file created
Driver manager detect now the nvidia 310
Added : nvidia settings-310 pkg
Nvidia xserversetting is active.

I hope this help.

Sm

Confirm I have the same issues with time. Autoupdate never works for me. If your hardware clock not UTC you have weird time each time after boot. I think here is alot of bugs with how it calculated. For me helps only console time setuop(i don’t remember exactly command) and afte that never touch time in KDE other wise it will broken again. :dodgy:
Now I have UTC hardware clock, it helps but time sync still not working. This bug is presented in previous versions too.

Is there a bug tracker when we can follow the progress with the RC candidates ?

Netrunner 13.06 rc2 32 bit

1. After finishing the installation (live USB), when the user wants to reboot the machine, there should be some sort of notification that such an action is available, like in the older versions. Unfortunately, right now the only thing the user sees is a spinning Netrunner logo. However, if the user presses the enter key, Netrunner does reboot just like it should. This is confusing and newbies may think that the OS has crashed.
  2. After installing the nVidia drivers (through the driver manager), nvidia-settings itself is not installed, despite the fact that its icon does appear in the menu.
  3. After a whole week of usage, no software updates appear, and Muon Updater does not show in the tray area. Everything was fine in RC. Can someone tell me if they have the same situation?

Same here .
Each time you must go to muon update manager and press the check the update button or update via commands in terminal .:s

What month and Year are you planning to release 13.06?? 8/

Open a terminal and type the following commands:

sudo dpkg-reconfigure tzdata
sudo ntpdate pool.ntp.org

Where’s the folder location for the default wallpapers? I need to be able to set NEON CITY back as the background on the login screen.